Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
XGL (Part 5)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piercey, downgrade xgl to an older version. I had the same problem (I think) and at a suggestion somewhere above, downgraded and it appears to work fine. Haven't had much of a chance to test it yet though.
nordi80
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version should I use?

Ian wrote:
piercey, downgrade xgl to an older version. I had the same problem (I think) and at a suggestion somewhere above, downgraded and it appears to work fine. Haven't had much of a chance to test it yet though.
Admiral_Trigger_Happy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I updated Xgl and compiz to the latest versions again and all is good now, except that windows don't become transparent when you move them any more.
Anyone else had this?
Do I need to reorder the plugins or something?
Henning Rogge
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to recompile XGL... there was a change in the ebuild of xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714.ebuild which was corrected without applying a new revision number.
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henning Rogge wrote:
Try to recompile XGL... there was a change in the ebuild of xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714.ebuild which was corrected without applying a new revision number.

That explains why re-emerging fixed it for me :p
hra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: xinerama disappeared in xgl-20060714 Reply with quote

Kovid wrote:
xinerama support seems to have been removed from xgl-20060714. Downgrading to xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 restores it.

I had the same problem yesterday and was forced to downgrade aswell. Has this been fixed now?
behd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgl 20060714 failed to compile (even with USE="-mmx" and removing "-O3 -mmmx" from my CFLAGS) ?!?
here's the error, if someone care (or have an idea why):
Code:

i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -DXGLServer -DUSE_MMX -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -msse -msse2 -O2 -pipe -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fomit-frame-pointer -MT fbedge.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/fbedge.Tpo -c fbedge.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/fbedge.o
if /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common   -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -DUSE_MMX -mmmx -msse -Winline --param inline-unit-growth=10000 --param large-function-growth=10000 -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT   -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow  -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb  -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -msse -msse2 -O2 -pipe -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fomit-frame-pointer -MT libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo" -c -o libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo `test -f 'fbmmx.c' || echo './'`fbmmx.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo" ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -DUSE_MMX -mmmx -msse -Winline --param inline-unit-growth=10000 --param large-function-growth=10000 -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -msse -msse2 -O2 -pipe -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fomit-frame-pointer -MT libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo -c fbmmx.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.o
fbmmx.c: In function `fbCompositeSrc_yv12x8888mmx':
fbmmx.c:3056: error: can't find a register in class `GENERAL_REGS' while reloading `asm'
fbmmx.c:3056: error: can't find a register in class `GENERAL_REGS' while reloading `asm'
make[1]: *** [libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714/work/xgl/fb'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

!!! ERROR: x11-base/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1539:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 939:   Called src_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 1248:   Called x-modular_src_compile
  x-modular.eclass, line 327:   Called x-modular_src_make
  x-modular.eclass, line 322:   Called die

!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/portage/local/layman/portage-xgl'

downgrading to xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 solved the problem.
hra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: xinerama disappeared in xgl-20060714 Reply with quote

hra wrote:
Kovid wrote:
xinerama support seems to have been removed from xgl-20060714. Downgrading to xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 restores it.

I had the same problem yesterday and was forced to downgrade aswell. Has this been fixed now?

Forgive me for quoting myself, but i just tried pre20060714 again to no avail :roll:
felicehome
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://beerorkid.com/compiz

thx for that
himpierre
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Xgl fails to start at the moment with tho following error:
Code:
X Error of failed request:  GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
  Major opcode of failed request:  146 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  16 (X_GLXVendorPrivate)
  Serial number of failed request:  3596
  Current serial number in output stream:  3602
X connection to :1.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
The application 'gnome-window-decorator' lost its connection to the display :1.0

Its compiz-quinnstorm-0.0.13.18. And to be more specific. Xgl, compiz and gnome-window-decorator starts fine but if i start xterm or konsole or whatever xgl crashes with the mentioned error. Someone has an idea whats causing this?
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebuilding Xgl fixed it for me....
nordi80
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now it seems a bit better after I remerged xgl.

I started Xgl with:

Code:

Xgl :1 -ac -accel glx:pbuffer -accel xv:fbo &
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/ DISPLAY=:1 compiz gconf &
DISPLAY=:1 gconf-editor

I get no errors but Xgl don't start completely. I see the grey background and the mouse cursor and then it stops loading.
piercey
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:

Thanks, yeah that works, but I'd rather be able to use the newest XGL :). Has this been reported upstream? Maybe fixed in a later svn update?
CoffeeBuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

behd wrote:
xgl 20060714 failed to compile (even with USE="-mmx" and removing "-O3 -mmmx" from my CFLAGS) ?!?
here's the error, if someone care (or have an idea why):
Code:

i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -DXGLServer -DUSE_MMX -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -msse -msse2 -O2 -pipe -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fomit-frame-pointer -MT fbedge.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/fbedge.Tpo -c fbedge.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/fbedge.o
if /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common   -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -DUSE_MMX -mmmx -msse -Winline --param inline-unit-growth=10000 --param large-function-growth=10000 -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT   -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow  -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb  -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -msse -msse2 -O2 -pipe -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fomit-frame-pointer -MT libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo" -c -o libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo `test -f 'fbmmx.c' || echo './'`fbmmx.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo" ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -DUSE_MMX -mmmx -msse -Winline --param inline-unit-growth=10000 --param large-function-growth=10000 -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -msse -msse2 -O2 -pipe -fforce-addr -fprefetch-loop-arrays -fomit-frame-pointer -MT libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.Tpo -c fbmmx.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.o
fbmmx.c: In function `fbCompositeSrc_yv12x8888mmx':
make[1]: *** [libfbmmx_la-fbmmx.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714/work/xgl/fb'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

!!! ERROR: x11-base/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1539:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 939:   Called src_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 1248:   Called x-modular_src_compile
  x-modular.eclass, line 327:   Called x-modular_src_make
  x-modular.eclass, line 322:   Called die

!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/portage/local/layman/portage-xgl'

downgrading to xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 solved the problem.

we removed the USE="mmx" option because I personally couldnt think of a good reason to have it. Also, I was told by a gentoo-dev that theyre thinking of removing the mmx use flag altogether and have it detected based on arch.

In theory, the xgl configure should detect whether your system supports mmx. What arch do you have? I'll look into re-adding the mmx use option.
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am not sure if the problem related to you taking out the mmx flag or not, but the most recent XGL seems to have a memory leak.

After running for a while it gets VERY slow when performing the effects (cube wobbly etc) and is using upwards of 20% of my RAM. Also the cube plugin uses 100% CPU`
Jupiter1TX
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatryder wrote:
Well, I am not sure if the problem related to you taking out the mmx flag or not, but the most recent XGL seems to have a memory leak.

After running for a while it gets VERY slow when performing the effects (cube wobbly etc) and is using upwards of 20% of my RAM. Also the cube plugin uses 100% CPU`

Am running compiz-quinnstorm 13.19 and not having that problem.
Also have you tried the newer mesa-6.5.1_pre20060716
ctrlbreak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the xgl-coffee oberlay and am currently running xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714 but xinerama doesnt seem to work with this version. so i tried to get back to xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 but all i get when i try this is the following:

Code:

* git update start -->
 *    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
Fetch failure: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver

!!! ERROR: x11-base/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1539:   Called dyn_unpack
  ebuild.sh, line 711:   Called src_unpack
  xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3.ebuild, line 77:   Called git_src_unpack
  git.eclass, line 269:   Called git_fetch
  git.eclass, line 195:   Called die

!!! git.eclass: can't update from git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/portage/xgl-coffee'

can somebody tell me how i get back to the previous version of xgl?
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem must be in Xgl then... as I am running the same versions as you.

Edit: And I have the same problem as the above poster.
Jupiter1TX
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatryder wrote:

I should have mentioned am using
x11-base/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714

Hope that helps
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter1TX wrote:
beatryder wrote:

I should have mentioned am using
x11-base/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714

Hope that helps

Nope, because I am having problems and you aren't, and I am using the same versions as you.
Admiral_Trigger_Happy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Could the Xinerama patch be put back into Xgl please? I noticed the use flag was still there and tried to edit the ebuild to see if I could do it, but I couldn't figure it out.

Its great, I finally get a decent video card (6600) that can do 2x 1280x960 for me and now I can't use it nicely because the Xinerama patch got left out, if its lots of hard work don't worry I can live with it, but if you can do it easily please do.
nesl247
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to ask CoffeeBuzz why he removed it, unless it was hanno. It might be that it doesn't work and the USE flag was left there accidently.
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you also update the svn for the latest version of mesa? the one in there is a few versions old :p
Archangel1
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, I definately preferred the older version with the Xinerama patch :-(
V0rtex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctrlbreak wrote:
I'm using the xgl-coffee overlay and am currently running xgl-0.0.1_pre20060714 but xinerama doesnt seem to work with this version. so i tried to get back to xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 but all i get when i try this is the following:

Code:

* git update start -->
 *    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
Fetch failure: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver

!!! ERROR: x11-base/xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1539:   Called dyn_unpack
  ebuild.sh, line 711:   Called src_unpack
  xgl-0.0.1_pre20060619-r3.ebuild, line 77:   Called git_src_unpack
  git.eclass, line 269:   Called git_fetch
  git.eclass, line 195:   Called die

!!! git.eclass: can't update from git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/portage/xgl-coffee'

can somebody tell me how i get back to the previous version of xgl?

I have the same issue. I don't think it is a local problem though, it seems to me that it was probably removed from freedesktop.org's servers today as browsing the servers does not show it in there anywhere. If someone has a copy of the *.tar.gz file for this specific build would you be kind enough to post/link it so that some others of us could obtain it?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 23 of 37

Jump to: