UT Multiplayer and downloaded maps
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mellofone
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: UT Multiplayer and downloaded maps Reply with quote

I've been playing multiplayer on the net quite a bit, and was wondering where UT saves any/all maps and/or textures that are downloaded while playing? I hope it does :)
cmay4
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: UT Multiplayer and downloaded maps Reply with quote

mellofone wrote:
I've been playing multiplayer on the net quite a bit, and was wondering where UT saves any/all maps and/or textures that are downloaded while playing? I hope it does :)

There is a cache directory and it only saevs them there for a certain period of time (a month?). I'n not sure the exact directory, though.
mellofone
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: UT Multiplayer and downloaded maps Reply with quote

There is a cache directory and it only saevs them there for a certain period of time (a month?). I'n not sure the exact directory, though.[/quote]

That kind of sucks. No way to make it save it otherwise?
delta407
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tar cjvf cache.tar.bz2 cache/ :)
Zu`
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it saves it permenantly.

I think when you auto download a map, it's logic it gets put in the right place (somewhere in "maps") or when you download skins or mods that they get in the right place too.

It would surprise me if they would just *dissapear* after a month... If that would be the case, let's hope you don't have to play a clanwar that day huh..?

Greets
cmay4
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zu` wrote:
I think it saves it permenantly.

I think when you auto download a map, it's logic it gets put in the right place (somewhere in "maps") or when you download skins or mods that they get in the right place too.

It would surprise me if they would just *dissapear* after a month... If that would be the case, let's hope you don't have to play a clanwar that day huh..?

Greets

Under Windows, the cache files are only "valid" for a certain period of time, then that file will re-download when you connect to a server that needs it. There are Win32-based applications which parse the cache.ini file and rename/move the files to their respective directories so they never have to be downloaded again. If you take a look at cache.ini you can see the name mapping and move the files yourself.

Chuck
Bigm8
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: location of UT cache files Reply with quote

cache file stored in home directory under .loki/ut/Cache
mellofone
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: location of UT cache files Reply with quote

Bigm8 wrote:
cache file stored in home directory under .loki/ut/Cache

Yes sir. I'm writing a script to parse the cache file and rename and move all of the files...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: