Xgl - something's wrong with compiz
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beju
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Xgl - something's wrong with compiz Reply with quote

After numerous tries I was able to run xgl on my machine, but I can't configure it properly. I've launched it through startxgl in overlay directory because everything else failed (I'm using xgl HOWTO on gentoo-wiki): gdm constantly restarts the server; running "Xgl :1 -ac -accel glx:pbuffer -accel xv" gives empty checked "space" :) and I can't execute other commands. So after launching I've configured compiz with gconf-editor and restarted the server (I'm using compiz-quinnstorm with gnome). Surprisingly I've got it to work, but not quite at all; here are my problems:

- When running some stuff (ie GIMP or just clicking folder) windows are losing their "borders" and I can do nothing with them, and XMMS hangs up whole server :) ; same thing happens when I use alt-Tab to change window - I think it might be compiz;
- Minimized windows are disappearing from the panel but they are still running;
- I cannot write capital letters :) - what's happened to shift key?
- Although I've got nvidia glx support, I'm getting very low performance in glxgears; shouldn't it be the opposite? At least it was on Kororaa LiveCD.

I was looking hard on this forum but I couldn't find solution, so pliz don't kill me if those problems have been solved :)
Thanks
phoe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: similar problem Reply with quote

Im having a similar problem, and ive been working with gdm to try and get it to work for about a week now. no luck so far :(

Had similar problems with alt-tabbing, would lose borders, and windows would layer over each other. Essentially I think it was killing compiz. logging out and back in fixed, until i alt-tabbed again. Emerged gset-compiz, and turned off the switcher, and thats kept me from melting it down.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: