XBox Install Issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khabi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: XBox Install Issues Reply with quote

So here's the deal. I'm not a new hand at gentoo, but I've never bothered to really learn the ins and outs of Inital Ram Disks and thats where I think I messing up.

I've got a softmodded xbox thats been running xebian for awhile (no I don't want to install a modchip or reflash the TSOP), but I'm sick of Xebian and I want to get gentoo running on it. From what I've read the Linux dashboard entry looks in E:/debian by default, so in there I've created the following. vmlinuz linuxroot initrd linuxboot.cfg, and from the xbox gentoo cd I've copied over default.xbe. linuxroot is an ext3 loopback, done from stage3-pentium3-2005.1.tar.bz2.

The kernel, has support for ext3, ramdisk, and loopback compiled in.
The initrd was created with 'genkernel initrd'

When booting it via my Linux dashboard entry I get:
Quote:

RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
UDF-fs: No partition found (1)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)

linuxboot.cfg contains the following:
Quote:

kernel vmlinuz
initrd initrd
append init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 loop=/linuxroot kdb-reset video=xboxfb:640x480,nohwcursor

Hopefully, I'm just missing something stupid. If anyone has any ideas or just input a fresh pair of eyes would be appriciated.

z10n0101
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: How you did softmodding thing?? Reply with quote

Hi buddy, Im trying to boot in my gentoox CD, to be honest, I'm downloading it right now, but with my experience, I suppose that the same thing about "The Cd you inserted is not correct, put another one" If it doesn't and the gentoox thing runsp erfectely, please just ignore this post message. But, If I have to softmodding via USB, hack that is already done, Please tell me what do I have to do :S Everytime I give format to the USB, the Xbox says that has a not good format and then that is erasing it, without my authorization!!

Please man, I want linux in this thing.

Thanks in advance :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: