xfs kernel distfiles for current portage snapshot
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illusion
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:13 am    Post subject: xfs kernel distfiles for current portage snapshot Reply with quote

What are the distfiles needed to emerge an xfs kernel? I forgot to grab them while i was installing gentoo at a good internet connection, and am downloading them in windows to burn to a cd.

Thanks

-i

PS: could anyone explain the rest of the kernel related distfiles? the versioning makes no sense to me.... not necessary, but im curious.
leej
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for xfs-sources? That's the kernel source tree I used to build my kernel for the xfs filesystem (as per Sec. 14 of Installation Instructions). :-)
illusion
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: found Reply with quote

I found the sources i need by hit-and-miss experimentation... but i'd still like to know how in the world they are organized... oh well... maybe i'll figure it out some day.

-i
orkid
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the current gentoo-sources provides support for xfs (just enable it when configuring the kernel). I'm using 2.4.19-gentoo-r7 with my / being an xfs format.

Code:
emerge gentoo-sources
thecguy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you're installing a Gentoo Linux 1.1+ stage3 tarball, we've made things convenient for you and included recent Linux sources in /usr/src/linux. Otherwise, you'll need to merge Linux source ebuilds. Here are the ones we currently offer:

ebuild description
gentoo-sources Our own performance and functionality-enhanced kernel based on -ac (doesn't include XFS support)
xfs-sources A snapshot of the SGI XFS CVS Linux source tree; this is the kernel to run if you're using the XFS filesystem
openmosix-sources A stock Linux kernel source tree patched with support for the GPL openMosix load-balancing/clustering technology
usermode-sources A stock Linux kernel source tree patched with support for User-Mode Linux. ("Linux inside Linux" technology)
vanilla-sources A stock Linux kernel source tree, just like you'd get from kernel.org

Choose one and then merge as follows:

Code listing 24

# emerge sys-kernel/gentoo-sources

"It's O.K., man. If there's one thing I know, it's how to drive when I'm stoned. It's like you know your perspective's f*cked, so ya just gotta let your hands work the controls as if you're straight."
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: