View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geekounet
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- 2006-11-25 : big changes : dependancy to imlib removed, all patches are contained in a single tarball in the distfiles, a new use vanilla to have a plain Fvwm CVS without the patches (except the translucent patchs), and one use per irreversible patch : first-item-under-pointer, thin-geometry-proxy et flux-corner
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, have someone applied those agains the latest cvs? That would save me some time hehehe

If not probably next weekend I'll take a look at it and fix a few rejects, this patchset does not work anymore on the last cvs since some weeks ago. Some patches might be useless now. I think the stippled bars one have been merged, I will have to look at the source and changelog.
geekounet
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much changes in upstream, none of the patches works. And i'm not able to correct them.
Moreover, i don't use Fvwm anymore since i'm now using E17 :) so i don't think about maintening this ebuild anymore for the moment, sorry ...
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I dont think I will have a problem remaking the patch. Just wanted to avoid duplicating some work if that had been done :)
Zagloj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6thpink wrote:
No problem, I dont think I will have a problem remaking the patch. Just wanted to avoid duplicating some work if that had been done :)

Thanks! I'll be waiting, I really want rounded corners patch :D
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I had some time this evening, and got my hands on the task. Most patches applied with just some fuzz, only the translucency patch, the thin resize one, and the rounded corners patch, gave some trouble. This last was the worse, cause the FvwmWindow struct has changed, and I knew nothing about the fvwm internals. So I had to dig a bit, but finally I found the new names for everything, after that and a couple of rejects I made the thing work.

Here you are:

Overlay: http://jesgue.homelinux.org/public/fvwm-cvs-overlay.tar.bz2
The patchset alone: http://jesgue.homelinux.org/public/fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz

If you download the overlay you don't need the patchset for anything unless you want to look into the patch. The ebuild should download the patchset automatically for you. You can also download it yourself and put it in distfiles. The links might not work at times cause those are hosted on my home machine, so, if it doesn't work, wait a couple of hours and try again. It is usually always on, though.

Regards.

PS. Those patchs are not mine, I just modified a couple of them to addapt them to the current cvs, and fixed a dozen or so of rejects. So, I have no idea how well/bad they are programmed, and I dont have any idea either if I introduced any bug at all. I just compiled and it all seems to work fine so far. But I don't use all the fancy features, so, something might be broken.
truc
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job :)

thank you
Zagloj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! You have been very fast, I'll try the ebuild when I can (I'm not in gentoo now).

Good job ;)
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patches cleaned. I left some stupid crap behind the first time that broke again against the cvs today. All should work now. The urls above are still valid (I will not change the date in the patch filename, I am too lazy to edit the ebuild again and all that stuff). I however, also redigested and repacked the ebuild.

If you have any problem, delete the fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz file in your distfiles, so the ebuild will download the new -updated- one.

The patchset alone: http://jesgue.homelinux.org/public/fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get an error:
Code:
 * CVS module fvwm is now in /var/tmp/portage/fvwm-9999/work
 * Applying fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz ...

* Failed Patch: fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz !
 *  ( /var/tmp/portage/fvwm-9999/temp/30840.patch )
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *   /var/tmp/portage/fvwm-9999/temp/fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz-30840.out
As the log is huge, I put it here.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominique_71 wrote:
I get an error:
Code:
 * CVS module fvwm is now in /var/tmp/portage/fvwm-9999/work

*  ( /var/tmp/portage/fvwm-9999/temp/30840.patch )
 *   /var/tmp/portage/fvwm-9999/temp/fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz-30840.out
As the log is huge, I put it here.

I know that it broke, today or yesterday was a huge (well, relavitely big) commint on the fvwm cvs repository. I will fix the transparency patch (and probably any other patch that will also break) and offer a new ebuild and patchset soon. Stay tuned. If I can't today, then I will do it tomorrow for sure.

Regards.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6thpink wrote:

I know that it broke, today or yesterday was a huge (well, relavitely big) commint on the fvwm cvs repository. I will fix the transparency patch (and probably any other patch that will also break) and offer a new ebuild and patchset soon. Stay tuned. If I can't today, then I will do it tomorrow for sure.

Regards.

Thank you for all your work. But don't stress for me, I can wait. I added
Code:
ECVS_UP_OPTS="-D 20070110"
ECVS_CO_OPTS="-D 20070110"
in your ebuild in order to get fvwm to compile with the patchset.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominique_71 wrote:
6thpink wrote:

Regards.

Thank you for all your work. But don't stress for me, I can wait. I added
Code:
ECVS_UP_OPTS="-D 20070110"
ECVS_CO_OPTS="-D 20070110"
in your ebuild in order to get fvwm to compile with the patchset.

It seems that the cvs repo is really active today, I will wait a day or two before cleaning the patchset against it. Since if I do it right now it might not work tomorrow. Using a previous snapshot will work or course, good idea :)
Gramphos
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the translucency patch to the current cvs. This both fixes applying against the resent update order changes and fixes a double popdown which would happen with the patch in the overlay since it was updated to menu bindings. (If a translucent menu moves while another menu is visible above it that menu is popped down. If that isn't handled correctly in other places the menu would popdown again resulting in breakage of style usage counts.)
http://www.dd.chalmers.se/~griph/fvwm-2.5.22-cvs-28-Jan-2007-translucency.diff.gz
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks so much.

I did not have the time to mess up with the thing, and I did well looking here before getting my hands on the patch hehe, the work was already done. Thank you.

It turned out that this was the only patch that broke with the last commits, that's nice, I thought that something more should have broken, but it was not the case. Well, less work to do :)

So, I just substituted the original translucency patch with yours and it seems to work like a charm. The old links are still valid, I just put your patch there and redigested, the other patchset has not changed at all.

Regards.

PS. All credits this time goes to Gramphos. I just repackaged the thing.
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it, but it fails again:
Code:
 * CVS module fvwm is now in /var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/work

*  ( /var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/temp/19170.patch )
 *   /var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/temp/fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz-19170.out

And the relevant part of that file is:
Code:
***** fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz *****

==========================================

PIPE_COMMAND:   gzip -dc /usr/local/portage/x11-wm/fvwm/files/fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz > /var/
tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/temp/19170.patch
PATCH COMMAND:   patch -p0 -F3 -l < /var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/temp/19170.patch

patching file fvwm/colorset.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 160 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 623 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 636 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 763 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 933 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 1637 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 1753 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #8 succeeded at 1771 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #9 succeeded at 1783 (offset -4 lines).
patching file fvwm/menuroot.h
patching file fvwm/menus.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 71 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 197 with fuzz 1 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 364 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 397.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 1785 (offset -24 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 2569 (offset -47 lines).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 3409 (offset -47 lines).
Hunk #8 succeeded at 3588 (offset -47 lines).
Hunk #9 FAILED at 6108.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 6791.
Hunk #11 succeeded at 6896 (offset -89 lines).
3 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file fvwm/menus.c.rej
patching file fvwm/menus.h
patching file libs/Colorset.h
patching file libs/PictureGraphics.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1339 (offset -1 lines).
patching file libs/PictureGraphics.h

i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@yngwin

That is pretty weird. I can't guess why it is failing to patch on your system. Are you sure that you are using THIS ebuild and not any other one that is in any other overlay (maybe via layman or something) ?? I just did this, to make sure that I use that ebuild and not a different version on my box, and all seems successful:

Code:

# cd /var/portage/local
# rm -rf x11-wm/
# wget http://jesgue.homelinux.org/public/fvwm-cvs-overlay.tar.bz2
--17:20:49--  http://jesgue.homelinux.org/public/fvwm-cvs-overlay.tar.bz2
           => `fvwm-cvs-overlay.tar.bz2'
Resolviendo jesgue.homelinux.org... 127.0.0.1
Connecting to jesgue.homelinux.org|127.0.0.1|:80... conectado.
Petición HTTP enviada, esperando respuesta... 200 OK
Longitud: 20,266 (20K) [application/x-tar]

100%[===================================>] 20,266        --.--K/s             

17:20:49 (97.12 MB/s) - `fvwm-cvs-overlay.tar.bz2' saved [20266/20266]

# tar -xvjpf fvwm-cvs-overlay.tar.bz2
x11-wm/
x11-wm/fvwm/
x11-wm/fvwm/files/
x11-wm/fvwm/files/README.transluceny
x11-wm/fvwm/files/fvwm-menu-xlock-xlockmore-compat.diff
x11-wm/fvwm/files/fvwm.desktop
x11-wm/fvwm/files/fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz
x11-wm/fvwm/files/digest-fvwm-9999
x11-wm/fvwm/Manifest
x11-wm/fvwm/fvwm-9999.ebuild

# emerge fvwm
Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) x11-wm/fvwm-9999 to /
 * fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz MD5 ;-) ...                                    [ ok ]
 * fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz RMD160 ;-) ...                              [ ok ]
 * fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz SHA1 ;-) ...                                   [ ok ]
 * fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz SHA256 ;-) ...                               [ ok ]
 * fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz size ;-) ...                                     [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                     [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                   [ ok ]
 * checking fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz ;-) ...                              [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
 * Fetching CVS module fvwm into /var/portage/distfiles/cvs-src ...
 * Running  cvs -q -f -z1 -d ":pserver:anonymous:guest@cvs.fvwm.org:/home/cvs/fvwm" login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.fvwm.org:2401/home/cvs/fvwm
 * Running  cvs -q -f -z1 -d ":pserver:anonymous@cvs.fvwm.org:/home/cvs/fvwm" update -dP fvwm
 * Copying fvwm from /var/portage/distfiles/cvs-src ...
 * CVS module fvwm is now in /var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/work
 * Applying fvwm-translucent-menus.diff.gz ...                                                                                                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * Applying fvwm-menu-xlock-xlockmore-compat.diff ...                                                                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking fvwm-patchset-20070101.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/work
 * Applying various patches (bugfixes/updates) ...
 *   02-ResizeOutlineThin.patch ...                                                       [ ok ]
 *   03-Conditionals.patch ...                                                                [ ok ]
 *   04-FlatSeparators.patch ...                                                            [ ok ]
 *   05-BorderUnderTitle.patch ...                                                         [ ok ]
 *   06-InactiveFont.patch ...                                                                [ ok ]
 *   07-FluxboxHandles.patch ...                                                           [ ok ]
 *   08-RoundedCorners.patch ...                                                         [ ok ]
 *   09-TopBorder.patch ...                                                                   [ ok ]
 *   10-ButtonWidth.patch ...                                                                [ ok ]
 *   11-MultiBorder.patch ...                                                                  [ ok ]
 *   12-Hover.patch ...                                                                          [ ok ]
 *   14-TextOffset.patch ...                                                                   [ ok ]
 *   15-FvwmIconMan.patch ...                                                             [ ok ]
 *   16-FvwmButtonsTips.patch ...                                                        [ ok ]
 * Done with patching
 * Applying FirstItemUnderPointer.patch ...                                          [ ok ]
 * Applying ThinGeometryProxy.patch ...                                              [ ok ]
 * Applying FluxCorner.patch ...                                                            [ ok ]
 * Applying DefaultCharset.patch ...                                                     [ ok ]
 * Running eautoreconf in '/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/fvwm-9999/work/fvwm' ...
 * Running aclocal ...

I did it just now, and it works as you can see. I don't know why it is failing in your case. Did you modify the ebuild to get a previous release from CVS instead of the latest like Dominique_71 suggested above? That would be another possibility and would make the patch fail for sure. It is the only thing I can think of.

Maybe your CVS got messed up somehow? Try cleaning up ${PORTDIR}/distfiles/cvs-src/fvwm if nothing else works.

EDITed to make the portage output more compact.

EDIT2, you need the whole tarball, not just the ebuild, because in this case it is the tranlucency patch the culprit, which is into the files subdir into that tarball. Fetching only the ebuild will not work. In fact, the ebuild has not changed at all, it is the patch which changed from the previous release to this one. All the link to the fvwm-cvs-overlay tarball in this thread point to the same file. So, you have no chance to mess with incorrect/outdated tarballs, you just need to unpack it as a whole, as I do in the code above.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6thpink wrote:
Maybe your CVS got messed up somehow? Try cleaning up ${PORTDIR}/distfiles/cvs-src/fvwm if nothing else works.

I am still learning cvs, and I just see at when using the -D option as I suggested, it will leave permanently in the local copy. So, you have to remove ${PORTDIR}/distfiles/cvs-src/fvwm and the new ebuild must work.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominique_71 wrote:
6thpink wrote:

I am still learning cvs, and I just see at when using the -D option as I suggested, it will leave permanently in the local copy. So, you have to remove ${PORTDIR}/distfiles/cvs-src/fvwm and the new ebuild must work.

Well, then that could be the problem that ygwin was having. Thanks for pointing it out, I use CVS a lot, but -D is one of those few params that I never felt the need to use, so I really did not know what the problem could be, though a "messed" local CVS copy was one of my suspects. It seems that once you use -D, it makes the date sticky on the local copy, so further updates on that same copy will use that date and will not allow you to use code that is marked with a later date.
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, nuking ${DISTDIR}/cvs-src/fvwm and re-emerging worked. (It just so happens that my DISTDIR is not PORTDIR/distfiles...) Thanks!

If you don't mind I would like to host the ebuild in the GFN-overlay.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yngwin wrote:
You are right, nuking ${DISTDIR}/cvs-src/fvwm and re-emerging worked. (It just so happens that my DISTDIR is not PORTDIR/distfiles...) Thanks!

If you don't mind I would like to host the ebuild in the GFN-overlay.

Of course you can host it. Nice overlay, by the way. Thanks :)
Zagloj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!! In two words, you rocks :D Now I have my fvwm with those fancy corners in every window :lol:, it was easier for me than I though, thanks ;)
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ebuild has been integrated into the gfn overlay, thanks to yngwin. Now it is easier to install fvwm from cvs, just layman -a gfn-overlay, and then emerge it :)

Regards.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use and contribute a little on the Pro-Audio overlay. I am interested to install this ebuild in this overlay too, but I think at I will use a "-D some_date" cvs option in it, that just to be sure at it will work at anytime. And it will be simpler to do so and respect the keyword gentoo policy inside the overlay, because I want to add one (or more if I get the time or if other will contribute) fvwm-crystal recipe customized for use with the overlay, and crystal is already in portage.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little thing in the ebuild. It would be better to add
Code:
RESTRICT="nomirror"
at the beginning of the ebuild (after inherit or something like that). That because it make no sens at the ebuild first try to download the patches at gentoo mirrors. And the gentoo devs don't like it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: