View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$Thanks to the arch wiki, I found a page with some documentation about the patches: Fvwm Patches on the web archive.
ExecutorElassus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoo, it's been a while since I last posted to this list!

The devnull overlay appears no longer to exist. Is it still being developed? More to the point, is there a live fvwm ebuild somewhere? The recent portage ebuild (added 7. October) is doing something strange with my root menu (no colorset is applied; it's just transparent). Anybody else having this issue?

Cheers,

EE
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your root menu, I guess some syntax changes in fvwm screwed it up. To update your fvwm to the last live code will not make this issue to be solved.

If you start fvwm with startx, it is very easy to get the error messages. On a *kit free system, the following line in your .xinitrc will do that:

Code:
exec /usr/bin/fvwm 2>.fvwm-errors

If your system depend on polkit and consolekit, something like:
Code:
exec ck-launch-session /usr/bin/fvwm 2>.fvwm-errors

should do the same.

I don't know where you can find an up-to-date live fvwm ebuild. You will have to make your own starting from the last portage ebuild and geekounet ebuild. Such a live fvwm ebuild is on my TODO list, but I am very busy with a lot of other things now.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it took me 5 minutes to make a live FVWM ebuild, I started a new thread with it: [ebuild]New FVWM CVS ebuild.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExecutorElassus wrote:
whoo, it's been a while since I last posted to this list!

The devnull overlay appears no longer to exist. Is it still being developed? More to the point, is there a live fvwm ebuild somewhere? The recent portage ebuild (added 7. October) is doing something strange with my root menu (no colorset is applied; it's just transparent). Anybody else having this issue?

Cheers,

EE

It's because the old and removed portage ebuild was downloading old code. It took me a while to realize that, mainly because I used 2.6.x. All the development is made on the 2.6 branch, both head and 2.7 are obsolete. Also, the indication on fvwm web site is correct only if you know the development is made on the 2.6 branch, otherwise you will get head, which is outdated.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fvwm-Crystal 3.2.3 is in portage. It is a lot of new functionalities and improvements, including a bling bling module à la e17, an expose clone, a new font selector derived from the one in fvwm-themes, but with full xft support, and the possibility to navigate to the full screened windows.

This last function alone show more than anything else the power and flexibility of fvwm. It make possible, like in the AmigaOS, to cycle through the full screened windows, but unlike the AmigaOS, to put any window in full screen, and that without to compromise X multiple desktop pages.

Also, the desktop geometry is unified between the recipes, with a preference. The preferences doesn't need a restart any more. The mplayer support was extended with dvdnav and dvb support.

Last but not least, fvwm-crystal now support the XDG user directories and have its own manager for these desktop icons. This manager support the mounted partitions as well, and any file manager you can think about. The icons are from Ken Lester dual png icons themes, which are very nice and popular on the Amiga OS. It was possible to implement the 2 pictures of them.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: