problems emerging gtkhtml
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pawling
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: problems emerging gtkhtml Reply with quote

I've been getting an error when trying to emerge gtkhtml. I tried emerging older versions instead of the current 1.1.8, but still get the same error. It seems like I'm missing a dependency, but the ebuild doesn't try to install any other packages. I've tried searching both the forums and the net, but haven't found anything helpful. Here's the error:
Code:
checking for Gnome App libraries (GAL) >= 0.20.1.99... 0.23 found
checking for Gnome configuration applet libraries >= 1.0.0... not found
configure: error:
""
"You need Gnome configuration applet libraries 1.0.0 or later to build gtkhtml."
!!! ERROR: gnome-extra/gtkhtml-1.1.8 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 60, Exitcode 1
!!! (no error message)

I've been unable to figure out what package I need to emerge, or perhaps re-emerge, to get this to work, i.e., which package contains the "Gnome configuration applet libraries." I recently updated to Gnome 2.2.1 when it was released in portage, but it didn't fix the problem with emerging gtkhtml. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
jkratz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to see which version of gconf, if any, you have installed. I think I had the same issue you did. Newest gconf in portage is 2.2.0 but gtkhtml needs gconf 1.1.0 or less. Doesnt build otherwise. I had to unmerge 2.2.0 and reemerge 1.1.0 and gtkhtml finally built for me.
jkratz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. was going to say that you might want to make sure you have both merged. if so and it doesnt work then I'd say unmerge 2.2.0, build gtkhtml, and the remerge 2.2.0. you might need gconf2 for something else.
pawling
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I actually had both gconf 1.0.8-r3 and 2.2.0 installed. I tried re-emerging 1.0.8 then gtkhtml and it failed. So I removed both versions of gconf then emerged only 1.0.8. However, the gtkhtml complie still failed. It still doesn't seem to be finding the libraries, and I get the same error. Earlier in the configure output I get the following:
Code:
checking extra library "capplet"... Unknown library `capplet'

Unknown library `capplet'

but it's really just the same problem. I even tried running env-update just in case, but still have the same problem. Everything else about the configure ouptut appears to be ok. If someone thinks it might be useful, I'll post the entire output. Thanks again.
jkratz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can suggest is to look at the list of dependencies in either the ebuild itself or on the gentoo site (the online package db) and make sure you have all of the dependencies. maybe that applet thing isnt in gconf.
pawling
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got it to work. For the benefit of those that might have the same problem, I fixed the problem by re-emerging gnome-base/control-center-1.4.0.5-r1.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: