Seamonkey suddenly won't save images
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chishs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Seamonkey suddenly won't save images Reply with quote

Well I've been using seamonkey for quite a while and now suddenly it won't save images or anyother download. I don't know if a config file accidentally got changed or something but I have no clue as to what is going on. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Giengaron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: try a new user profile Reply with quote

Ususally a problem like this is has been caused by courrption in my user config files.
An alternative to these instructions would be to use the mozilla profile manager to create a new profile. This may be eaiser than what I describe using the bash shell.

First quit mozilla then open a shell, move to our home dir, and backup your ~/.mozilla directory.
Code:
cd ~
mv .mozilla moz_backup

This is where all your bookmarks, saved passwords, cookies and such are stored for seamonkey and also firefox so be careful and rember what you named the file.
A new .mozilla directory and default profile will be created. Now lauch mozilla and see if you can save images, etc.

If it fixes things then you can import the old bookmarks file into your new profile. Try mozilla help and mozillazine website for more lengthy instructions on how to do that. There's alot of good information there. I don't remember the seamonkey menus too viviidly.

If the new profile does not help, you can quit mozilla and restore your old profile. Just for safty I won't tell you to delete anything.
Code:
mv .mozilla moz_backup_nofix
mv moz_backup .mozilla

Good Luck,

Giengaron
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: