Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
emerge system fails: DEPEND/*DEPEND problem ?!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knittel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: emerge system fails: DEPEND/*DEPEND problem ?! Reply with quote

For quite some time (>2 weeks) I have the problem, that I can't update system/world anymore. I get following error message:

#emerge -up system

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating system dependencies \
emerge: there are no masked or unmasked ebuilds to satisfy "virtual/os-headers".

!!! Problem with ebuild sys-libs/glibc-2.3.1-r4
!!! Possibly a DEPEND/*DEPEND problem.

!!! Depgraph creation failed.

What does this mean and how do I get rid of this ? I do have the latest (stable) portage ebuild installed.
nDiScReEt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: I Second That Reply with quote

I wish I had an answer or a solution to report but I'm just acknowledging that you are not alone and that I think it is due to your system configured to download "beta" packages from cvs temporarily or permanently. If that is your case as it is mine, then you are victim to cvs or the stable repository not creating a package called os-headers under "virtual" or anywhere that I can find. You might have to "modify" your ebuild file on your system and remove the requirement for the "virtual/os-headers" dependency. I'm going to try that myself and I will report back my results.

altoine
knittel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download "beta" Packages from cvs ? What cvs ? I am running only "stable" (ACCEPT=x86") packages.

I thought of removnig the dependency by hand, too. But hey, this gets annoying in time.
Either you have to do it each time after rsync or, if they are in LOCAL_PORTAGE, you may need to check for updated versions. Both quite bothersome.
Basically, we all have the same portage, don't we ? So why do some have virtual/os-headers and others not ?
Sure, you do not know either, but this is somewhat mysterious.

Nevertheless, thanks for your moral assistance :o)
nDiScReEt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: My Results Reply with quote

My results were aborted once I realized the extensive changes that I will have to make to my local ebuild files, which would be changed as soon as I did an emerge sync. YOu are correct in the frustration of our problem and the creation of a dependency for a package that hasn't been created first.

altoine
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: