Trashed my U60
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky9074
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Trashed my U60 Reply with quote

...guys need a definate yes or no....

Did an emerge --update --deep world

It fell over a few times but I manually emerged the offending packages ok. Then it fell over at attr, which I tried to bypass, then it fell over at acl....

I gave up and just wanted to get everything back up. I had already got apache and mysql done (though apache was complaining about virtual hosts). Tried to emerge php, no luck. In desperation tried the old php and mod_php...no luck...

So, I think I am completely goosed and need to install again from scratch. All in need is apache, mysql, and php at first, which hopfully wont take long...

My question is, does everyone agree that it is beyond repair and just reinstall? (I have sftp access so I have backed up data).

My next question is, do you still need to use the code from Sun to get the graphics working? And also, has the issue with the mouse in the 2.6 kernel been resolved? I remember hacking a file and frantically moving the mouse to get it to work in X....

I hope someone answers quickly as I need to move quickly on this...

Cheers,

Mark
nl0pvm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i don't know if people can answer this question when your problem description is as vague as it currently is.

As i see currently is that the only problem you experiences is the fact that php does not want to install (for whatever reason)..... Better resolve the problem which is causing this problem instead of re-installing everything. So based on the limited information provided i would not start from scratch...

I cannot give you any advise on the X-part of this question as i have no experience at all with X
SPARCstation 10 MP 2 x 390Z55@40Mhz 512MB RAM Kernel 2.4.30 4GB & 9GB
marky9074
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Php was installed...

It was unmerged because when I did a --pretend it blocked the package and after reading I realised that there was a new package of combined php...

In all honesty I only tried to update everything as it had been so long since I did it and I was prompted when I had to update to the new profile!

Anyway, I am off to start from scratch, I think it will be quicker, I can be up again in a few hours, whereas I have spent three days trying to get through aborted emerges...

If anyone can answer my other queries regarding the Sun code and mouse it would be appreciated...

Taaa,

Mark
marky9074
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is back up now, and it took no time at all really....

The only thing I have a problem with is my phpBB forum, but I am sure I will sort that out soon....

.....oh and the fact that there is an error with the sunt5-uk keymap with the 2.4.32 kernel..

Mark
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: