[2006.0 + 2.6 + unstable] successful on SunFire V100
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guero61
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: [2006.0 + 2.6 + unstable] successful on SunFire V100 Reply with quote

Long-time x86-er, first time with old Sparky.

I was rather disappointed - other than digging up information on the serial console (yes, Cisco RJ45 null serial cables work beautifully) and getting it to CD-boot (still don't know how I got it, but it's done/gone now), doing this was a piece of cake, including the 2.6 kernel and associated hand-waving. I was rather intrigued with the kernel - I always build a highly modular one anyway, so I wasn't worried about size, but it came out to precisely 3.5 MB. What's up with that - does the kernel make process automatically shoot for that size, or...?

Where's the challenge? Where's the pain, suffering, and tears I got for doing a comparable experimental install on a JS20? Now I've got to go find another "exotic" to sate my hunger for difficult installs. Boo! Shmucks, making my life easy... I expected to eat up most of the week on this, and now look at me - I'm actually going to have to find work to do!
alexynr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.....I know how you feel...

On a similar note read my post a little bit further down about the sunfire V120

First kernel config I did, Kernel came to exactly 3.5 M too...That's weird :) Although I did it a second time to 3.4M just in case :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: