PEAR installation question
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaelan Alianto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: PEAR installation question Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Like an idiot, while trying to troubleshoot a problem with the PEAR_Info package I was having, I deleted the /usr/share/php/.registry directory (which is where PEAR_Info determines what packages are installed)

So, I unmerged all my PEAR packages and re-emerged php as well as the PEAR packages. Unfortunately, this didn't update the .registry directory (it recreated it, but didn't put the .reg file in)

Any help on how to get the .registry folder update the pear packages?

Jaelan
llongi
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newer dev-php/PEAR-PEAR packages don't anymore install anything to .registry when installing a PEAR package via emerge, doing that gave various problem when people tried to upgrade/install/remove packages installed via emerge using the pear binary (as emerge doesn't know what packages are installed etc. manually using the pear command, and viceversa pear does not know what packages are installed through emerge).
Jaelan Alianto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I would have responded sooner, but I never got a reply-to-post e-mail, so I figured no one had.

My bad. So, to utilize PEAR_Info, would you recommend just using the pear install cmd, instead of emerge? That's what I'm doing right now, but just curious if there's another solution.

Thanks,
Jaelan
j-m
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaelan Alianto wrote:

My bad. So, to utilize PEAR_Info, would you recommend just using the pear install cmd, instead of emerge? That's what I'm doing right now, but just curious if there's another solution.

Uhm, what's wrong with

Code:
equery list PEAR

:?: :idea:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: