How to uninstall removed ebuild?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: How to uninstall removed ebuild? Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I had the lolo-sources installed. Now this ebuild has been removed - unfortunately nobody could tell me why.

How do I uninstall/remove lolo-sources from the list of installed ebuild?

bye
Salze
Carlos
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you've already removed the directory in /usr/src that correspodns to the source tree. By the way, you could also remove the directory in /lib/modules.

Anyhow, the database of installed packages is in /var/db/pkg/, and its structure is similar to that of the Portage tree, except that only packages you have installed will show up. Remove all the lolo-sources directories, and you'll be set.
Salze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carlos!

Carlos wrote:
I take it you've already removed the directory in /usr/src that correspodns to the source tree. By the way, you could also remove the directory in /lib/modules.

I had not since I was hoping I could use "emerge unmerge" somehow. But I have now done so...

Carlos wrote:
Anyhow, the database of installed packages is in /var/db/pkg/, and its structure is similar to that of the Portage tree, except that only packages you have installed will show up. Remove all the lolo-sources directories, and you'll be set.

...then I looked into /var/db/pkg/ and found the lolo-sources ebuilds inside the pfeifer-sources directory. With these I could use "emerge unmerge" - and was happy to notice they deleted themself during the unmerge process.

Thanx for your help!

bye
Salze
zbyte64
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: better way Reply with quote

a much simpler way is to do the following
emerge -C <name of package>

omg!!! that was simpler then goin through all that other junk.. to seem the options just type in emerge --help
Salze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: better way Reply with quote

Hi zbyte64!

zbyte64 wrote:
a much simpler way is to do the following
emerge -C <name of package>

omg!!! that was simpler then goin through all that other junk.. to seem the options just type in emerge --help

That's wrong!!

First of all it's about completely deinstalling an ebuild. "-C" or "clean" just uninstalls the older versions if more than one version is installed.

Then it only works if the ebuild is still in the portage tree - which was not the case.

Maybe you should have gone through all that other junk in order to understand what it's all about. :evil:

bye
Salze
Mpemba Effect
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax man ... the guy's only trying to help :) Besides the -C switch does unemerge, your thinking of -c which is clean :) man emerge :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: