Where o where are my acpi-sources?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faithfilled
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Where o where are my acpi-sources? Reply with quote

I have been using the acpi-sources recently. I just did an emerge sync and they went off and disappeared! :cry: No announcement about it, no nothin'. What happened to them, and which sources should I use for getting acpi functionality?

BTW, I noticed this only because my /var/cache/edb/virtuals file links virtual/linux-sources to acpi-sources and this crashed the xscreensaver emerge.
twfox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. acpi-sources have vanished. I've just been using the vanilla kernel with patches from http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi lately anyways.
Miles
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use gentoo-sources adding the use flag 'acpi4linux' gets the latests acpi patches from http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi and adds them to your kernel.
faithfilled
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: USE flag not needed Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! But, according to this thread, the acpi4linux flag no longer exists. It also seems that the gentoo-sources-2.4.20 ebuild does not use any type of acpi flag. (Interestingly, there still exists an "acpi" USE flag. I don't what that's used for...)

Nevertheless, I built the gentoo-sources kernel (since it addresses the ptrace flaw mentioned in the newsletter.) It seems to ALREADY contain the acpi patches, and they are also mentioned in the documentation. The documentation, however, seems to still mention the acpi4linux USE flag, so I'm a little suspicious.

I've also discovered that I do have a /proc/acpi directory, so I'm pretty condifdent that ACPI support is in there. :) As a side note, it looks like the version is 20021122, which isn't the most recent for 2.4.20 (20021212). I may eventually patch that sucker in.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: