View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Merlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Looking at getting an X2, unsure about CPU cooling Reply with quote

I'm looking at getting a new desktop system, I've decided on most parts, but I'm still looking at my options for CPU cooling. I'm looking to minimize noise first and foremost, and I don't plan to overclock anything. Now, I understand that the Sonata II has a "heat duct" design which can help reduce noise and heat around the processor and video card, but if I choose to use the heat duct, that precludes the use of some of the larger CPU cooler designs, and I would like to use the heat duct. So, having said that, does anyone have a Sonata II case with an X2, and what CPU coolers are quiet and effective at the job, while still fitting with the heat duct? Or, alternatively, how does the stock cooling on the X2 perform? I know that they're not particularly hot chips, but I will be pushing this system pretty hard regularly (running Gentoo of course). Here's the list of parts I'm looking at right now:

motherboard - ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3989
processor - Athlon 64 X2 4200 http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3572
hard drive - 320 gig Western Digital SATA (WD3200JD) http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3816
video card - Asus® Extreme EN6600GT/HTD - GeForce™ 6600GT GPU w/256Mb DDR3 & PCI Express x16 http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3996
case/PSU - Sonata II http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3650
memory: Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 (2G total) http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3303
dvd burner: Plextor PX-740A http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3653
dvd drive: http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=835
floppy: http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3857

Finally, any comments on Linux compatibility with the above? From what I've seen, the ASUS Nforce 4 motherboards are generally pretty Linux compatible, but I'd like to be sure. Also, I'll be stealing a SB Live! from my old system to use as the sound card, as the onboard audio doesn't have hardware mixing, I also know the SB Live! works perfectly. Otherwise, I don't think there's any issues with the other components in that sense.

Any comments, suggestions?
Flipperrr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Sonata II with a X2. Currently I'm not using the "heat duct", but the X2 is very cool with the AMD stock cooler (doesn't go over 40C). If you want a quiet system though, you should probably buy a zalman cooler (or something) for your X2 since the AMD cooler is not really silent.
overkll
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm looking to minimize noise first and foremost, and I don't plan to overclock anything.

AFAIK, heat ducts are for hot chips (read intel). If a quiet system is your goal, the less fans the better. A mobo with no northbridge fan, a Sonata case with one 120mm fan (rear of case), and a Zalman HS will give you a very quiet system and sufficient cooling. You shouldn't need the heat duct.

A fanless power supply would be nice too.
Mad Merlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overkll wrote:
Quote:
I'm looking to minimize noise first and foremost, and I don't plan to overclock anything.

AFAIK, heat ducts are for hot chips (read intel). If a quiet system is your goal, the less fans the better. A mobo with no northbridge fan, a Sonata case with one 120mm fan (rear of case), and a Zalman HS will give you a very quiet system and sufficient cooling. You shouldn't need the heat duct.

A fanless power supply would be nice too.

I had planned to use the heat duct without fans in it, in that while it's obviously not as effective as with the fans, it is supposed to reduce noise marginally as well as heat. I guess an upgraded heatsink/fan would make a bigger difference though.

Also, that particular motherboard uses a heat pipe design for cooling the northbridge, rather than a fan.

As I understand it, the power supply that comes with the Sonata II is very quiet already, and sufficiently beefy (450W, IIRC).
Mad Merlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now looking at the Zalman CNPS7700-Cu for heatsink/fan.
Flipperrr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the power supply is very quiet (the fan is silent and only starts spinning when nessecarry). Also, I have an Asus A8N-E mobo, and the chipset fan is quite a noisemaker, so it's propably wise to make sure your mobo doesn't have one, or replace it with a silent solution.
Btw, if you have a problem with a noisy chipset fan on your asus mobo, just contact asus and they'll send you a new one for free!
bexamous2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quietest heatsink is th eScythe Ninja heatsink... thing is huge but it works. Put a Nexus or Yateloon 120mm fan on it and you're fine.. really the nexus at 12v is more than enough and its ~20dba. The heatduct things don't do crap. If you want your cpu fan/heatsink to be <20dba get a ninja and a nexus fan. (or yateloon which is ~23dba I think... spins at 1200rpm rather than 1000, both made by same company and are exactly the same otherwise.)

Fanless powersupplies arn't great.. they rely on alot of case airflow to keep them cool. Seasonic S12 line is imo the best powersupplies out there, I think many would agree to that. They're very effiicent ~80% and (therefore) create little heat. Fan generally is ~800rpm, I never hear mine, ever.

I'd go to www.silentpcreview.com and just look at the review for the Ninja heatsink if you want something nice... alot of people there actually replace the fan on the zalman heatsink because its too loud.

I say go for a mobo with a heatpiped NB cooler, I got a a8n-sli premium and it's nice. Thing does get hot but have had no problems. I hate mobo fans as they always break, and often come broke heh.

Ninja review:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article251-page1.html
I think with a 7v nexus fan it'll be <17dba actually (i don't think they can measure under this)... which still is going to be more than enough cooling for a stock 4200.

S12 review:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article226-page1.html
Have to be using 200watts before it ever hits 20dba... generally is going to be 18dba.
Eidi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend going for an X2 4400+, I think that doubled cache really helps with compiling, but to be honest, I'm not sure. The stock cooler I got with my X2 is pretty heavy duty, has heat pipes and all, and I've heard they got a newer, better one. Stock cooling should be fine if you don't want to overclock.
Flipperrr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that the performance differences with Athlon 64s working at the same clock frequency but with differing L2 cache sizes, differ in performance by only 5% in most cases. The question then is, is 5% extra performance worth the difference in price between a X2 4200+ and a 4400+. It wasn't (IMO) when I bought my 4200 two months ago.
deepspace9
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock coller is fairly good. It's silent, until it's summer and you start compiling a lot (of doing some other intensive stuff). Then it spinns up and gets very loud. I don't know about the new coolers, I guess they are a bit better.

Since I really don't like any sound, I went for watercooling, and I really like it!
Asus 6600 Silence GFX
Watercooling (I just love the silence :) )
Mad Merlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like there's just been a price drop in the X2 CPUs, the 4200+ is now listed at $430, a $55 dollar drop from before!

http://www.pccanada.com/inventory.asp?cat=CPUS

As of now, the 4400+ is $120 more, which almost 28% more, for what is supposed to be a relatively small performance difference. I decided against the beefed up cache version early on as I discovered that the extra cache makes almost no difference in most cases. I think the 4200+ makes more sense now than before. As for the motherboard's northbridge cooling, as I mentioned before, that particular motherboard does use a heat pipe rather than a fan, which is one of the main reasons I chose it. I've also swapped out the previous video card for the "Silencer" version, which brings me to ask, deepspace9, do you have this card:

http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=4143

Or is it one of the less souped up versions? If it is that one, how is it?

I've heard mixed things about the stock cooler, so I think I'd rather go with an upgraded cooler. I figure it can't possibly be worse, anyways.
get sirius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running an Opteron 180 (dual core socket 939 @ 2.4GHz) on an Asus A8N-SLI Premium with the Thermalright XP-120. It's a physically large heatpipe cooler, but very light weight. With AS5 TIM the cpu temp stays around 35C, and this with both cores running foldingathome 24/7. I cannot recommend these coolers highly enough. Even got two more for my Tyan K8W running two Opteron 252s. One important caveat: the Arctic Silver 5 is terrific when the base of the cooler is <just> aluminum. When the AS5 has to interface with copper, the performance nosedives! I found this out the hard way, previously trying Zalman, Thermaltake, Swiftech, and stock AMD coolers - all ran >45C full load. I have since heard that silver-based TIMs are great on alum, but that copper cools better with AS Ceramique.

Put a quiet 120mm fan on the above and you'll love it :) .
gilesjuk
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded from a 3200+ to a 3500+ venice and then to an X2, all along I have used a Zalman cooler and had no problems.

I'm now using a Shuttle SN25P and it's quieter on the whole than my last system was. Main problem is I have 3 hard disks in it and they oscillate a bit.
wantilles
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 939 AMD K8 CPUs are very cool CPUs.

The stock coolers that come with the boxed version of these CPUs are more than adequate.
Originlabs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently purchased an X2 4400 and an Asus A8N32-SLI. They are installed in my Sonata2.

Once thing to consider when looking at cpu coolers is the direction the fan blows air. I initally looked at the zalman 7700-cu, but this blows air sideways rather than down. This is not a problem on most boards, but the A8N32-Sli / A8NSLI-Premium, ect, use passive cooling for the motherboard components, and these are not cooled effectively with a passive heatsink / 7700-cu.

I personally opted for a thermalright SI-120, with a nexus 120mm fan. My cpu temperatues under load are around 42 degrees, although the motherboard temperatues have dropped by 4-5 degrees. The system is for all intents silent.

As bexamous2 mentioned, www.silentpcreview.com is an excellent source of information. However, the Ninja heatsink, whilst excellent, will nto adequately cool the motherboard, even with a fan attatched (it blows sideways). Oh, and the ACAG (Advanced Chassis Air Guide) from the Sonata2 wont fit with a large cpu cooler installed.
Mad Merlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originlabs wrote:
I have recently purchased an X2 4400 and an Asus A8N32-SLI. They are installed in my Sonata2.

Once thing to consider when looking at cpu coolers is the direction the fan blows air. I initally looked at the zalman 7700-cu, but this blows air sideways rather than down. This is not a problem on most boards, but the A8N32-Sli / A8NSLI-Premium, ect, use passive cooling for the motherboard components, and these are not cooled effectively with a passive heatsink / 7700-cu.

I'm not sure I see how the air blowing sideways (I assume you mean in directions parallel to the CPU, rather than perpendicular to it) would inhibit airflow over the other components in the case, wouldn't that improve it? Or is it that it destroys the airflow from one end of the case to the other, which hurts the overall airflow in the case?
Originlabs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really about airflow around the case. In fact, a fan blowing parallel to the cpu would exhaust directly out of the case (via the 120mm case fan), which is certainly desirable. The main fact is with the passivley cooled asus boards, you need airflow blowing down around the cpu socket to effectively cool the mosfet heatsinks. The mosfet heatsink is also what cools the nforce chip, as it's connected to it via a heatpipe.

You can see better on this picutre http://uk.asus.com/prog_content/middle_enlargement.aspx?model=744. The copper heatsink above the cpu socket and the silver heatsink to the right both need to be cooled. Asus mention this in the manual, and supply a small clip-on fan to connect to the heatsink if water cooling is used. As you can hopefully see, using a zalman 7700-cu will not provide any airflow to the motherboard.

The Thermalright SI-120 actually overhangs directly over the copper heatsink, providing direct cooling from the cpufan.

Hope this helps,

Matt
piercey
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My X2 runs at a super cool 22C when idle with the "Zalman CNPS7700-Cu". It even comes with the fanmate 2 which allows you to change the RPM of the fan from 1900RPM to about 900RPM making it nearly silent. Highly recommended. My PC is nearly the exact same setup as what you're choosing also. As mentioned above, the Asus a8n sli is meant to use passove cooling, this is not true, it uses a fan for its chipset, which in the earlier models was quite loud (running at 8k rpm). The latest generation however is much quieter and depending on the case not audible.
Mad Merlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piercey wrote:
My X2 runs at a super cool 22C when idle with the "Zalman CNPS7700-Cu". It even comes with the fanmate 2 which allows you to change the RPM of the fan from 1900RPM to about 900RPM making it nearly silent. Highly recommended. My PC is nearly the exact same setup as what you're choosing also. As mentioned above, the Asus a8n sli is meant to use passove cooling, this is not true, it uses a fan for its chipset, which in the earlier models was quite loud (running at 8k rpm). The latest generation however is much quieter and depending on the case not audible.

Do you mean the A8N32-SLI Deluxe or the A8N-SLI Deluxe? The former is a newer board that is listed (and pictured) as having a heat pipe, rather than a fan, while the latter is pictured with the fan and without the heatpipe.

Originlabs: Right now that link is giving me a runtime error in /, I'm guessing it might be busy. I'll check it again later. Edit: I'm not sure why it worked, but I fiddled with that page a bit, and got it to work. I think I see your point now.
piercey
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, didn't notice the 32 there! With the heatpipe you can expect a temp usually over 10C more than what you'd get with the fan, but I'm sure that's stable enough, it seemed to work fine on the Premium board.
get sirius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piercey wrote:
it seemed to work fine on the Premium board.

Indeed it does! :)
longship
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Looking at getting an X2, unsure about CPU cooling Reply with quote

Mad Merlin wrote:
I'm looking at getting a new desktop system, I've decided on most parts, but I'm still looking at my options for CPU cooling. I'm looking to minimize noise first and foremost, and I don't plan to overclock anything. Now, I understand that the Sonata II has a "heat duct" design which can help reduce noise and heat around the processor and video card, but if I choose to use the heat duct, that precludes the use of some of the larger CPU cooler designs, and I would like to use the heat duct. So, having said that, does anyone have a Sonata II case with an X2, and what CPU coolers are quiet and effective at the job, while still fitting with the heat duct? Or, alternatively, how does the stock cooling on the X2 perform? I know that they're not particularly hot chips, but I will be pushing this system pretty hard regularly (running Gentoo of course). Here's the list of parts I'm looking at right now:

motherboard - ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3989
processor - Athlon 64 X2 4200 http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3572
hard drive - 320 gig Western Digital SATA (WD3200JD) http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3816
video card - Asus® Extreme EN6600GT/HTD - GeForce™ 6600GT GPU w/256Mb DDR3 & PCI Express x16 http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3996
case/PSU - Sonata II http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3650
memory: Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 (2G total) http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3303
dvd burner: Plextor PX-740A http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3653
dvd drive: http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=835
floppy: http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=3857

Finally, any comments on Linux compatibility with the above? From what I've seen, the ASUS Nforce 4 motherboards are generally pretty Linux compatible, but I'd like to be sure. Also, I'll be stealing a SB Live! from my old system to use as the sound card, as the onboard audio doesn't have hardware mixing, I also know the SB Live! works perfectly. Otherwise, I don't think there's any issues with the other components in that sense.

Any comments, suggestions?

Nice system specs. The heatlane cooling on the Northbridge on ASUS mobos is sweet. Bear in mind that you *must* have a fan to move air across the radiator or the northbridge will overheat. The CPU fan may do the trick for that, but those chips are gonna get mighty hot.

The standard CPU cooler on an AMD 64 X2 is a very good one. It has heat pipes, a big radiator, and a large (fairly quiet) fan. Posts on the Net indicate it's good enough for some substantial overclocking, so I would think that you won't have to spend extra on CPU cooling. The one that came with my X2 4400+ looks and works great. Your MoBo will control the CPU fan speed (and one of your case fans, too) to limit noise.

Consider also, the Lian Li PC-V1000A Plus (or it's slightly larger brother, the PC-V1200A Plus). I have the 1000 and it's one sweet case. Hard drives, power supply and motherboard each in their own, separately cooled compartment. The hard drives have a dedicated 120mm fan. The power supply has its own fan. The motherboard area has two fans, one 120mm which pumps air to the ducted CPU area, and a 120mm squirrel cage fan which exhausts heat from the PCIe area to the outside. With all those fans you'd expect that the case sounds like a jet engine. Wrong. It's quiet. There is even a baffle to divert the power supply's exhaust air away from the CPU air inlet. Very cool, and because it's a Lian Li, fit and finish is second to none. It's a bit pricey, though. ~$200 for the 1000 Plus.

Seasonic makes a good, reliable, conservatively speced PSU, the S12-500. They have a 600 watt version for more power. These are very high efficiency and extremely quiet. Check them out.

The ASUS mobos are great. Unless you are definitely going to do Sli, I would consider a less expensive motherboard. The only advantage of the A8N32 over the other A8N's is that it'll run both Sli GPU's at full PCIe X16 rate. If you aren't going to do Sli, there's not much point in spending extra money for this motherboard. I was looking at that same motherboard, and I opted for the A8N-Sli Premium, which also has awesome features, including the passively cooled Northbridge. But if you're gonna do Sli with GeForce GPUs, the A8N32 is definitely the way to go.

I have not had a bit of trouble with the nForce4 chipset with kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r1. You do not need to load any special drivers, all is supported natively in the kernel. If you opt for the on-board RAID features (not recommended, but maybe necessary if you're going to dual boot into Winblows) you might have to load the nvraid module. Otherwise everything is supported out-of-the-box in the 2.6.15 kernel. I'm not sure about some of the features of the newer A8N32 Northbridge, but its Southbridge is just the standard nForce4.

FYI, my Sli Premium is cranking 100% on both CPU cores (thanks to two folding@home apps). Temperatures are the following: CPU 38C, Northbridge 41C, Motherboard 40C. Not bad for a system that is pinned: "plain jeu". Fans under those conditions are: CPU 2680 RPM, CPU area fan 1560 RPM. The fan on the PSU is running slow and quiet--PSU remains cool. The other two fans (HD area and Sli exhaust) are not controllable by the Sli Premium. I have them connected to low speed connectors.

Good luck.
Mad Merlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The passively cooled Northbridge is definitely one of the most important features of the motherboard for me, thus I'm essentially narrowed down to the Premium or the A8N32. Right now, the Premium is only $45 less, and that little amount of money saved now means that I'd lose the potential to run SLI in the future, which is something I'm interested in, even if not immediately.

As for the stock CPU heatsink/fan, I've heard from some that it is relatively loud, and thusly would rather go for an upgraded (and quieter) heatsink/fan. Furthermore, the Thermalright SI-120 that I'm now looking at appears to be more suited to cooling the radiator for the Northbridge than the stock cooler, which is probably more of a concern than the CPU itself in this case.

I don't plan to do Windows or RAID, so hardware vs software RAID is a moot point.

I may look into that Lian-Li case, but I suspect I'll stick with the Sonata II.

Also, a final note, I've just noticed that that particular motherboard *does* apparently have SATA II support, rather than only SATA I as I originally thought. This means that I'd do the obvious and choose the SATA II version of the same drive, rather than the SATA I as originally planned. Can anyone confirm that this board works well with SATA II drives?
longship
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Merlin wrote:
The passively cooled Northbridge is definitely one of the most important features of the motherboard for me, thus I'm essentially narrowed down to the Premium or the A8N32. Right now, the Premium is only $45 less, and that little amount of money saved now means that I'd lose the potential to run SLI in the future, which is something I'm interested in, even if not immediately.

The Premium has Sli, but at half rate (x8 ). That's the advantage of the A8N32.

I heard on another forum (????) that ASUS has an A8N32 version of the "Premium" coming out.
It is one sweet motherboard.
longshot
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Antec P150 is worth having a look at. I believe it was designed in conjunction with people from Silent PC. High efficiency power supply, sound deadening rubber on the inside of the case, and optionally, rubber bands for holding disks.

I have an athlon 64 3500 based system. I found the stock fan too noisy when running, and put in an Artic Cooling Freezer 64. Normally it doesnt spin at all - using the bios I increased the temperature to 40 C before it starts, and usually temp doesnt get to that, except when emerging or gaming. When it isnt spinning I can hear the other fans in my case (graphics card (6600 GT), northbridge, case) - but at a very low level which I dont mind. Even when the CPU fan is spinning it isnt that loud.

I also have a Sonata I 2.8 GHz P4 based system. I replaced the graphics card fan with a heatsink cooler, and the motherboard had no northbridge fan. Also used an arctic cooling cpu fan. Overall the Sonata based system is a fair bit louder than the the P150 system, noticeable enough for my wife to remind me that I said part of the aim of the new computer was getting rid of the old one :)

I should point out it is summer here and we are getting some 35-40+C temperatures outside, 25-32C ambient inside depending on how many consecutive hot days we've had, whether the sun is directly on the back of the house and whether the computer is running loaded. No central air conditioning. Ambient temperature does make a difference to noise and cooling.

As to aesthetics I much prefer the look of the P150. It was about 1/3 more expensive than a Sonata II, but I was happy with the trade-offs - and in particular I dont think the Sonata II would have been as quiet.

Getting a high efficiency power supply from the noise and heat point of view is likely worth it, depending on how much heavy use you make of your computer. Seasonic (mentioned above) is one of the few companies who have certifed 80plus (http://www.80plus.org/) efficient power supplies at this stage. Antec claim the Neo 430 power supply in P150 is up to 85 % efficient, but the review at silent PC found it didnt actually make it (although using 220-240 V power it may). The fact that it is bundled with the case makes it cheaper than case+power supply, and seasonic power supplies are hard to get where I am.

I mucked around with frequency scaling, saved about 10 W (from 85 W to 75 W, not much in the system (1 disk, 1 graphics card, 1 GB memory) dropping down to the lowest frequency. I am yet to get suspend working. And turning the system off, well, just cant do that :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: