Dell Latitude C840 share interrupts too many of them
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snkmoorthy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Dell Latitude C840 share interrupts too many of them Reply with quote

CPU0
0: 1760062 XT-PIC timer
1: 2153 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
3: 6630 XT-PIC orinoco_cs
8: 2 XT-PIC rtc
11: 127878 XT-PIC Texas Instruments PCI4451 PC card Cardbus Controller, Texas Instruments PCI4451 PC card Cardbus Controller (#2), usb-uhci, usb-uhci, Intel ICH3, nvidia
12: 11583 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
14: 22520 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

As you can see, too many devices are sharing interrupt 11, I think I can make use of int 4,5,6,7 and 9 for some of these devices. There is not setting the BIOS to assign them, I have searched the Net but no one seems be aware of this or don't think this is a problem.

A guy actually posted a similar question with INT 9 in question but nobody answered anything;I also tried fully dissassembling the laptop and putting them back together - the PCI card shuffling method suggested by Daniel Robbins at IBM developer works, but that didn't work either.

Is there something like a configuration file, I can specify the interrupts or something in the kernel compilation process?.

thanks a million
snkmoorthy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone thinking of buying a C840 should know that without APIC interrupts don't get assigned properly, and the latest A10 BIOS doesn't let the kernel to enable the APIC...system becomes unstable, looses clock interrupts etc. Works great under XP though so back to the store for an exchange...oh I don't know Inspiron 8200 anyone?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: