Mail fetcher and distributer
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puddpunk
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Mail fetcher and distributer Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I was just wondering, I wanted to set up a dedicated email server on linux, to serve the needs of my families 4 Personal Computers.

The way that it works now:
On our ISP, we have an account (user@isp.co.nz). We have 4 aliases for that account: sue, steve, russell and chris. (i.e. all the mail that is sent to sue@isp.co.nz, steve@isp.co.nz etc... gets dumped into the user@isp.co.nz mailbox which can be retrieved by POP3.)

Now I want to retrieve this mail, at say, 5 minute periods, and I want something to sort it into 4 seperate users (steve, sue, chris, russell) mailboxes, which can then be accessed by IMAP or POP3.

I also want it to be able to pull mail off my (and perhaps others) Hotmail account, but that can be implimented later.

Can anybody who has this kind of setup running please post their story and config files if they are helpful?

Thanks a lot,
Chris.
nuance9
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris -

I just asked basically the same question. Here is the link, maybe the answers I recieved will be of assistance to you also:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=41773&highlight=imap

- JP
mglauche
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try looking into fetchmail, it can fetch mail from pop3 servers and feed them into a local MTA ..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: