Counter Strike Source using Cedega 5.0
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltashazar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Counter Strike Source using Cedega 5.0 Reply with quote

Hey I know there is probably a post on this somewhere in this vast forum either way I need some help installing CS:S. I have Cedega5.0 and I got the Steam installer and installed it fine. I went to download CS:S and it said the game was ready to play but it was only 83% done so I started the game and it went to the loading screen and then died back to the desktop. When I started the game it also gave me some message saying it didnt have my video card in its database or something like that. I have a 6800 GT and I think they should have that in their database but mabe not. Anyway I am not too sure as to why this isnt working so if anyone knows why or they just have an alltogeather better Idea on how to install it I would be very greatfull!! Thanks!!
If you need more info feel free to ask.
Elenyon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you let it finish downloading before you try to play it

BTW
Nice name
tarpman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't read the Cedega release notes, nor its Readme. TransGaming states unequivocally in both of these that you must NOT choose to submit your video card details to Valve - the video card detected by Steam is a fake one presented to it by Cedega. Valve doesn't need to know about it!

And yeah, wait for it to finish downloading. If it *still* doesn't run, and you've read the Release Notes, the Readme, and the Forums at TransGaming.org, then come let us know. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: