alsasound ignores "/etc/init.d/alsasound" settings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canuck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: alsasound ignores "/etc/init.d/alsasound" settings Reply with quote

I have a both an emu10k1 (SoundBlaster Live) and an ice1712 (Audiophile 2496) card installed in my machine. Initially I was using the emu10k1 card with alsa and then I changed over to the ice1712 by modifying /etc/init.d/alsasound accordingly. Now I want to change back but alsa insists on loading snd-ice1712 when it is started (either with a 'restart' or with a reboot).

I have the snd-emu10k1 specified in /etc/init.d/alsasound and if I stop alsa then I can modprobe it, but I can't get alsa to load it on its own. Of course if I stop alsa and modprobe the driver then alsa gets confused and thinks that it is both running and stopped at the same time, but that's a different bug.

I've even removed /etc/asound.state and after 'modprobe snd-emu10k1' I've generated another one specifically for the emu10k1 card, but it made no difference as alsa ignores that too.

For completeness, I should mention that I have 'bttv' and 'btaudio' in my /etc/modules.autoload file, though I don't think that should matter.

Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks
Tom
nil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: alsasound ignores "/etc/init.d/alsasound" sett Reply with quote

Canuck wrote:
Any suggestions anyone?

you are not nuts. i too have have two soundcards and i did what you did with the same results.

unmerging alsa and putting it back in was the only way i got through it.
mjoswig
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did change /etc/init.d/alsasound? Aren't you supposed to config the card(s) in /etc/modules.d/alsa ?
After that, you have to issue modules-update.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: