Korean - www.gentoo.or.kr
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Languages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamletmun
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:29 am    Post subject: Korean - www.gentoo.or.kr Reply with quote

If you're interested in building ebuilds to support Korean Language,
just visit www.gentoo.or.kr & www.kldp.org
Principal Skinner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Can't read the gentoo.or.kr site! Reply with quote

It's all in Korean :-P Now, I don't read Korean very well under normal circumstances, but I really can't read it at all when I can't get my browser to display Korean fonts! Maybe you guys could have a page in English that covers how to install Korean fonts or something? I, at least, would appreciate it.
maddie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Korean fonts.. Reply with quote

Dear Principal Skinner.

Like Other Multibyte Language, It was hard time to installing korean fonts even for korean Linuxers.

But You're using XFT, It can be simply installed. Just download TrueType fonts, and move that file to ~/.fonts and excute "fc-cache". that's it!

Most of all Korean TTF Fonts are not Free License. but You can download "baekmuk" fonts for free, You can get via ftp, ftp://ftp.mizi.com/pub/baekmuk/ or emerge baekmuk-fonts In Gentoo linux box. It contains fonts.dir or something, You can easily read Korean Web sites. (but Looking somw ugly X-*)

For Foreigners, We don't Have Many Informations.. We Korean Linuxers had thought Our first Mission is introducing Desktop Linux to Koreans until now.

You can email me for more informations.

thanx.
Principal Skinner
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Actually, I solved this problem a long time ago. I no longer remember all the steps I took to get it, but one important thing I did was put "cjk" in my USE variable. That helped for sure with Emacs, and I think that was also what did the trick for Mozilla (so I had to rebuild Mozilla).

I still can't get Hanterm to start, but at least now I can use Emacs to write hangul, and use Mozilla to look on the Web for solutions written in hangul :-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Languages All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: