BashDB, the bash debugger in Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pellja
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: BashDB, the bash debugger in Gentoo Reply with quote

Just curious why bashdb does not seem to exist in gentoo. Is there no interrest in this project? It looks good, but I have never tried it. A quick google didn't seem to uncover any real activity with bashdb in gentoo, and there don't seem to be any ebuilds in portage.
rojaro
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

first i have to say that i am not familar with this tool at all. I never heard of it before and i somewhat question the need of such an application. However, somebody wrote it, some people find it usefull and therefore i am probably wrong in doubting its need.

The problem here however, is that probably only very few people seem to know it at all and also very few people seem to have interesst in this project since it hasnt seen a single update within the last 17 months and so it is not a surprise for me that there is no ebuild for it yet. However, you may write an ebuild for it and post it at bugs.gentoo.org and it probably will be included in the portage tree.

- rojaro -
pellja
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. It does seem to be a nearly stale project. While there are many ways debugging can be done, it seems like a simple debugger for bash scripts would be usefull to more people. I wander why so little interrest has been generated by this project. Makes me wander if there have been major quality or security issues with it. Anyway, I will probably install it and play with it a bit. If it looks usefull I'll post an ebuild for it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: