secure console
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oboezw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: secure console Reply with quote

Hi,

I got a DEC alpha LX164. When I was trying to boot from the 2005.1 boot CD from SRM, using ">>> boot dqa0", I got an error message saying something like a secure console does not allow boot with parameters. I tried to bypass the bios password without success, apparently the password was set by SRM. Is there any way to bypass this or clear the SRM password?

Thanks,
oboezw
Kloeri
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.alphalinux.org/archives/axp-list/April2001/0031.shtml should be helpful. The LX164 Technical Reference is available at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/software/alpha-tools/documentation/current/pc164lx/ec-r46wc-te_164lx_trm.pdf.
oboezw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I saw this post, and tried to boot the machine with a jumper on J22 (halt), and it did not solve the problem. Every time it still says "Console is secure, please login". And God knows the password! I didn't specifically set a password any time, the whole thing happend after I was trying to upgrade to 2005.0 from 2004.1

Kloeri wrote:
http://www.alphalinux.org/archives/axp-list/April2001/0031.shtml should be helpful. The LX164 Technical Reference is available at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/software/alpha-tools/documentation/current/pc164lx/ec-r46wc-te_164lx_trm.pdf.
[topic=][/topic][post=][/post]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: