Skipping sound with noatun
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragefan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Skipping sound with noatun Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure where the problem is, but when I play an mp3 with Noatun, it skips a lot during playback, while also using konqueror. It doesn't skip if I don't touch the computer, but if I move the pointer to highlight a link it skips, and if you really move the mouse around the screen on a page w/ a lot of links (such as in 1 on the forum pages) it will skip each time it mouseovers a link.

I thought it was arts, but when I use xmms w/ the alsa plug-in it does the same thing, but is fine when using the OSS plug-in. I tried changing arts from auto to alsa then to oss, and increasing the buffer, but it didn't not make any difference. The fact that xmms works fine with oss, which does not make sense since oss is the alsa module. I'm not sure with is causing the problem since it would appear that arts is the problem. But xmms exhibits the same behavior using alsa directly but not thru oss. Any thoughts?
Juki
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Using noatun there is empty moments in sound (skipping?) even I don't use computer. It's more annoying when browsing net with konqueror or newsgroup with knode. I have changed artd setting in control center, but no help. Xmms plays mp3's wery well. I'm using kernel 2.4.19-r10 and alsa 0.9.0.

lsmod:
Module Size Used by Not tainted
snd-pcm-oss 38916 1 (autoclean)
snd-mixer-oss 13848 1 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss]
snd-via82xx 12236 2
snd-pcm 62528 0 [snd-pcm-oss snd-via82xx]
snd-timer 11784 0 [snd-pcm]
snd-mpu401-uart 3424 0 [snd-via82xx]
snd-rawmidi 14784 0 [snd-mpu401-uart]
snd-seq-device 4352 0 [snd-rawmidi]
snd-ac97-codec 33544 0 [snd-via82xx]
snd 33772 0 [snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-via82xx snd-pcm snd-timer snd-mpu401-uart snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device snd-ac97-codec]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: