View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zyne
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick heads-up: rc1 sources appear to be out!

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5rc1/source/firefox-1.5rc1-source.tar.bz2

enjoy!
wuno
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For mozilla-firefox-1.5rc1 (and later on also for thunderbird) ebuilds I've opened a new thread
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-397924-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-.html

Zyne wrote:
Just a quick heads-up: rc1 sources appear to be out!

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5rc1/source/firefox-1.5rc1-source.tar.bz2

enjoy!
tessmonsta
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Lost Reply with quote

Forgive me for being inexperienced, but could someone direct me to a howto for all of this? I'm a bit lost...
wuno
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Reply with quote

tessmonsta wrote:
Forgive me for being inexperienced, but could someone direct me to a howto for all of this? I'm a bit lost...

Would you mind to come over to the forum thread https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-397924.html, a new version is out and this thread here will probably sleep away.......
A howto in a few words. First you have to create an overlay directory, e.g. /usr/local/portage. (This overlay will finally have a similar organisation as the main /usr/portage directory). Then you have to edit your /etc/make.conf and put in this line:
Code:
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
Finally get the ebuilds (a download link is in the thread mentioned above). These are in a file named mozilla-firefox-rc1-1.5.tar.gz. Just untar the subdirectories contained in this tarball (namely eclass and www-client) into /usr/local/portage. Then do a
Code:
emerge -vp mozilla-firefox
If everything has gone right you should get an output similar to this
Code:
[ebuild     U ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-1.5_rc3 [1.5_rc2] -debug +gnome -ipv6 +java +ldap -mozdevelop +mozpango +mozsvg +ssl -thebes -xinerama +xprint 0 kB [1]

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage overlays:
 [1] /usr/local/portage

Certainly your output should differ with regard to the download size (should be about 33MB) as I of course have already downloaded the file. If you get this output, you can emerge it at once. Please be aware that the ebuild has the version _rc3, but you will get the official version rc1. If you upgrade from mozilla-firefox-1.0.7 you should make a backup of your .mozilla/firefox directory in your home directory as some incompatibilities with extensions have to be expected. Probably you should after backing up .mozilla/firefox delete this directory, let mozilla-firefox-1.5rc1 create a new one and download your extensions again (the clean way). Hope this helps
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: