problem installing beagle
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evan-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: problem installing beagle Reply with quote

since i suppose this is a problem with my portage i decided to post it to the forum

Code:

if /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/gtkembedmoz -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/xpcom -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/string -I/usr/include/nspr   -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0  -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/content -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/dom -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/find -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/locale -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/webbrwsr -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/string -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/pref -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/gfx -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/embedstring -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/chrome -DALLOW_PRIVATE_API -DMOZILLA_HOME=\""/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox\"" -include /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/mozilla-config.h     -O2 -march=pentium3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -fshort-wchar -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/embedstring -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/content -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/necko -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/xpcom -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/string -I/usr/include/nspr   -MT gecko-utils.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/gecko-utils.Tpo" -c -o gecko-utils.lo gecko-utils.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/gecko-utils.Tpo" ".deps/gecko-utils.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/gecko-utils.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/gtkembedmoz -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/xpcom -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/string -I/usr/include/nspr -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/content -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/dom -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/find -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/locale -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/webbrwsr -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/string -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/pref -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/gfx -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/embedstring -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/chrome -DALLOW_PRIVATE_API -DMOZILLA_HOME=\"/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox\" -include /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/mozilla-config.h -O2 -march=pentium3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -fshort-wchar -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/embedstring -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/content -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/necko -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/xpcom -I/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/include/string -I/usr/include/nspr -MT gecko-utils.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/gecko-utils.Tpo -c gecko-utils.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gecko-utils.o
gecko-utils.cpp: In function `gboolean gecko_prefs_set_string(const gchar*, const gchar*)':
gecko-utils.cpp:76: error: `nsCOMPtr' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:76: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
gecko-utils.cpp:76: error: `prefService' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:77: error: `do_GetService' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:78: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
gecko-utils.cpp:78: error: `pref' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:79: error: `getter_AddRefs' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp: In function `gboolean gecko_prefs_set_int(const gchar*, gint)':
gecko-utils.cpp:93: error: `nsCOMPtr' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:93: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
gecko-utils.cpp:93: error: `prefService' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:94: error: `do_GetService' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:95: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
gecko-utils.cpp:95: error: `pref' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:96: error: `getter_AddRefs' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp: In function `nsresult getUILang(nsAString&)':
gecko-utils.cpp:141: error: `nsCOMPtr' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:141: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
gecko-utils.cpp:141: error: `localeService' was not declared in this scope
gecko-utils.cpp:141: error: `do_GetService' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [gecko-utils.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.1.2/work/beagle-0.1.2/glue'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/beagle-0.1.2/work/beagle-0.1.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: app-misc/beagle-0.1.2 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1894:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 941:   Called src_compile

!!! Make failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

marco ~ #

What did it get wrong?
Do i miss some dependencies?

Thank You
sternklang
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the version of beagle in portage is kind of old, because some of the newer dependencies in beagle-0.2.x are masked. It looks like you're building against firefox, and I don't know if 0.1.2 is able to do that. I'm pretty sure it can't build against firefox-1.5 if that's the version you have installed so you might try emerging net-libs/gecko-sdk to see if building against that fixes the problem.

There's a Gentoo bug open to get newer versions of beagle into portage. There's a discussion there about which packages need to be unmasked/updated to make this work. If you feel comfortable working with portage overlays you might give that a try -- the new beagle-search is very cool, much better than Best.
evan-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

marco ~ # emerge -pv mozilla-firefox net-libs/gecko-sdk

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.1-r1  USE="gnome ipv6 java xinerama xprint -debug -mozdevelop" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] net-libs/gecko-sdk-1.7.12-r1  USE="crypt gnome ipv6 java moznocompose moznoirc moznomail ssl truetype xinerama xprint -debug -ldap -mozcalendar -mozdevelop -moznoxft -mozsvg -postgres" 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
marco ~ #

the two packages are already installed! :cry:
sternklang
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why it's pulling in firefox rather than mozilla/gecko-sdk. If you want to spend the time to do this, you might try rebuilding gecko-sdk (this will take quite some time!). Then rebuild gecko-sharp, then beagle.

If that doesn't work you might try posting on Desktop Environments -- beagle is in portage now so it's no longer unsupported. Someone there with more knowledge than me might be able to help.

Finally, the newer versions of beagle no longer need the gecko code anymore so this wouldn't be an issue with 0.2.1. Read the bug I linked to and the Beagle Wiki Gentoo Installation page for more on this.
sternklang
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main forum thread for Beagle support is https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-431885.html. It links back to the old HOWTO from Unsupported Software but that's the best place to post about Beagle problems.
evan-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sternklang wrote:
The main forum thread for Beagle support is https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-431885.html. It links back to the old HOWTO from Unsupported Software but that's the best place to post about Beagle problems.

i think close this thread and post to the main one would be a good idea :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: