View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RioFL
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: XF86 config problem Reply with quote

I am running into a weird response I didn't have with RC1 (installing RC3 fresh on new drive). All my XF86Config entries for monitor and display and adapter are identical to my old ones. I run 1600x1200 and 1280x1024 and switch between them with the keyboard switches.

In this version, when I enter 1280x1024 mode, it is simply 'zoomed' so I have to scroll the desktop to see the edges. It's like its a 1600x1200 'viewport or something.

My config is very simple - (below not good syntax, just to let you see what it is)

subsection display
depth 24
modes 1600x1200 1280x1024
end subsection

this with proper syntax is exactly the same as my old one, but behavior is different. Any ideas? I tried a viewport but it only takes one resolution and gives me either no 1600x1200 if set to 1280x1024 or gives me this same behavior of scrolling my lower rez screen.

confused.

Chuck
ps
outside of this behavior, my RC3 install is the smoothest totally error free install I have had so far. (only working with x and fluxbox at the moment, still installing gnome and kde so i might be eating my words yet:))
bsolar
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understood well, you go normally at 1600x1200 and doing [CTRL]+[ALT]+[+/-] zooms? If yes, it's right.
To actually switch to the new resolution you have to execute (as the user who started x)
Code:
xrandr  -s [widht]x[height]

I.e
Code:
xrandr -s 1280x1024

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: