View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snair
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: kdelib 3.01 fails Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been trying to get kdelib 3.0x compiled on my machine for quite some time but I keep running into the same error. Here is the last bit of the compile, as it blows up:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -O3 -pipe -march=i686 -fforce-addr -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -frerun-cse-after-loop -frerun-loop-opt -malign-functions=4 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_COMPAT -o libkatepart.la.closure libkatepart_la_closure.lo -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3/lib -R /usr/kde/3/lib -R /usr/qt/3/lib -R /usr/X11R6/lib -avoid-version -module -no-undefined -R /usr/kde/3/lib -R /usr/qt/3/lib -R /usr/X11R6/lib -module -avoid-version libkatepart_la.all_cpp.lo ../interfaces/libkatepartinterfaces.la ../../kspell/libkspell.la ../../kdeprint/libkdeprint.la
g++ -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -mcpu=i686 -O3 -pipe -march=i686 -fforce-addr -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -frerun-cse-after-loop -frerun-loop-opt -malign-functions=4 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_COMPAT -o .libs/libkatepart.la.closure .libs/libkatepart_la_closure.o .libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3/lib ../interfaces/.libs/libkatepartinterfaces.so -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.3 -L/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/interfaces/ktexteditor/.libs/libktexteditor.so ../../kspell/.libs/libkspell.so ../../kdeprint/.libs/libkdeprint.so /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/kparts/.libs/libkparts.so /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/kio/.libs/libkio.so /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/kdeui/.libs/libkdeui.so /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/kdefx/.libs/libkdefx.so -lXrender /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/kdesu/.libs/libkdesu.so /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/kdecore/.libs/libkdecore.so /mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/dcop/.libs/libDCOP.so -lqt-mt -lpng -lX11 -lSM -lICE -lpthread -ldl -lXext -lresolv -lXinerama -lutil -lz /usr/lib/libfam.so -lstdc++ -lm -lc -lgcc -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/kde/3/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/qt/3/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
.libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o: In function `AttribEditor::AttribEditor(QWidget *)':
.libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o(.text+0x50744): undefined reference to `AttribEditor_skel::AttribEditor_skel(QWidget *, char const *, unsigned int)'
.libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o: In function `AttribEditor::~AttribEditor(void)':.libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o(.text+0x60803): undefined reference to `AttribEditor_skel::~AttribEditor_skel(void)'
.libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o: In function `virtual function thunk (delta:-40) for AttribEditor_skel::~AttribEditor_skel(void)':
.libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o(.gnu.linkonce.t.__thunk_40__._17AttribEditor_skel+0x14): undefined reference to `AttribEditor_skel::~AttribEditor_skel(void)'
.libs/libkatepart_la.all_cpp.o(.gnu.linkonce.d.__vt_17AttribEditor_skel+0x20): undefined reference to `AttribEditor_skel::~AttribEditor_skel(void)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libkatepart.la.closure] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/archives/portage/portage/kdelibs-3.0.1/work/kdelibs-3.0.1/kate/part'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I've tried emergine newer version of arts and qt and even kdelib, but nothing seems to work...what am I missing? Anyone else come across this before and if so, how did you fix it?

-Santosh
ejwahl
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santosh,

Try compiling without the "-funroll-loops" flag. It's a known bug in KDE 3.0.x that compiling kdelibs with that flag will result in KDE apps freezing when you click on the printer button. This might also solve your compile problem as well.

Also, "-fomit-frame-pointer" should be omitted when compiling kdemultimedia. Otherwise, NOATUN will crash the ARTS server when playing media files.

If none of those work then try removing all the flags except for "-march=i686" and possibly changing "-O3" to "-O2". "-march=i686" turns on "-mcpu=i686" automatically.

HTH,
snair
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erich,

I tried all of your suggestions...even turning the optimization down, but it still
fails with the same errors. I'm sure its some dependency that's screwed up,
but I can't seem to find it.

-Santosh
j7899
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done a reboot since it failed? Whenever a build failed for me I rebooted and it worked fine.
snair
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having this problem for about a week now and I've rebooted several times in-between. I've searched google, the forum and various ohter mailing-lists, but I haven't found anyone else who's had this problem.

-Santosh
Rob W
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relative nebie here...

I also am having this problem with noatun and kdemultimedia. I did not modify my make.conf file at all before I emerged kdemultimedia. After an exhaustive google search, and checking this forum, I think I can fix it as specified here. However, I have to know exactly how to do this, practically keystroke-by-keystroke.
Can you specify what exactly IS a "-fomit-frame-pointer" ? Apparently I need to remove this from my CXXFLAGS line and then re-emerge kdemultimedia. I checked my /etc/make.conf, and my CXXFlags looks exactly like this:

CXXFLAGS="-march=i686 -03 -pipe"

Does this mean that" -march=i686" is the -fomit, -03 is the -frame and -pipe is the -pointer? If not, how can I fix this noatun problem with kdemultimedia?

My assumption is that my modified CXXFLAGS line needs to look like this:

CXXFLAGS=""

in order to get kdemultimedia to compile correctly.

Alternatively, based on this message thread, it might have to look like this:

CXXFLAGS="-march=i686"

Which one is right?

TIA,
Rob W.
delta407
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-fomit-frame-pointer is a flag telling the compiler, naturally, to omit the frame pointer. It causes problems with kdemultimedia. Your CXXFLAGS do not instruct your compiler to omit the frame pointer, so that's not the problem.
Rob W
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: -fomit-frame-pointer details Reply with quote

Okay, so where is the -fomit-frame-pointer, what does it look like and where do I remove it from, if it's not the CXXFLAGS line in my make.conf? (Other posters have pointed to that line in in reference to the -fomit-frame-pointer)

For instance, do I just add this to the end of my existing CXXFLAGS line so it looks like:

CXXFLAGS="-march=i686 -03 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"

Sorry to be not getting this...
Ultimately, I just need sound to work in KDE3.

Thanks,
Rob W.
Zu`
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:

Can you specify what exactly IS a "-fomit-frame-pointer" ? Apparently I need to remove this from my CXXFLAGS line and then re-emerge kdemultimedia. I checked my /etc/make.conf, and my CXXFlags looks exactly like this:

CXXFLAGS="-march=i686 -03 -pipe"

Does this mean that" -march=i686" is the -fomit, -03 is the -frame and -pipe is the -pointer? If not, how can I fix this noatun problem with kdemultimedia?

CXXFLAGS="-march=i686 -03 -pipe" <- that's just fine

What they mean is, that if you would have

CXXFLAGS="-march=i686 -03 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"

You would have to change it back to the original.

Greets
Rob W
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. I appreciate it, even though I'm now back at square one, since my CXXFLAGS line was fine to begin with--I never had the -fomit-frame-pointer in it.

Still not able to get aRts to work in KDE3, due to noatun crashing the arts server. Sound works however with non-arts apps, like KsCD. It would be great to get sound working with my crossover plugin.

I'll keep looking...

Rob W.
Darthanubis
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread seems to have gotten away from the original problem, which I am now having. Is there a fix or not? Why keep making new ebuilds for KDE when the old ones don't work? :?:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: