Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
HOWTO: qmail vpopmail courier-imap qmail-scanner (09/2005)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eltech
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how accurate can we say this is with todays packages and changes peter?
mobiusproject
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This setup is still fairly accurate, but could use some updating. I have actually written a newer setup that also includes things like setting ssl certificates from ssl providers, but haven't put it anywhere yet. If you are interested in setting up qmail I could find the newer how-to. This is just the third (or maybe fourth) incarnation of the qmail install and i didn't really feel like starting a whole other thread, at least until this one was over a year old and really didn't have many updates. If people feel the need for it I would post it though. Its a bit shorter than this one and in my opinion a little easier as well. Just let me know if petterg doesn't get back to you.
tuxman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definetly be up to see a more recent howto, with more current versions etc. it's hard to read these long ones and catch all the little changes as other people add to it. just my opinion though
petterg
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not watching this thread for a while. I've been stuck with setting up windows servers for a customer. Let me tell you MS can't make serversoftware! They may be a bit easier figure out on your own, than a linux box is, but when problems show up it's guarantied to be something noone ever heard of and MS support can't recomend anything but full reinstall. And they require almost daily attension.
Comparet to the linux server set up by this guide... well it's been untouched since the installation. Except for one day the city power supply went out and I had to press the power button to start it up. (Had forgoten to set bios to auto power on after power resume.)

Mobiusproject has posted an updated version of this guide.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-527246.html
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: