squid first page problem ...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaihansen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: squid first page problem ... Reply with quote

Hi all.

I'm using a Gentoo Server with squid and sarg like Internet proxy and all work very well, but we have a little but annoying problem ...

Many users, when open their web browsers, have problems to see home page: it's sufficient to click on reload button and page appear!

I've checked logs, but I can't see any error ...

I've also try to change browser settings (cache, home page, ecc.), but doesn't change ...

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks, D
kashani
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: squid first page problem ... Reply with quote

kaihansen wrote:
Hi all.

I'm using a Gentoo Server with squid and sarg like Internet proxy and all work very well, but we have a little but annoying problem ...

Many users, when open their web browsers, have problems to see home page: it's sufficient to click on reload button and page appear!

I've checked logs, but I can't see any error ...

Hmmm does it happen every time and to all user? I haven't see anything like this with my proxy, but we use it mostly for testing sites before they go live.

kashani
kaihansen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't happen to all users ... only from some of them and for some sites ...

I have tested squid with 10 users before use it in a production environment, and during test time (two months ...) it doesn't happen ....
Ethernal
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check the setting where Squid automatically checks the cache vs the real page for updates before serving users, might be that. I'm not sure, but it's a thought. :D
Hmm.. Of course, these are MY opinions - likely to be just as flawed as anyone else's. Um, really, I guess you should assume everyone's speaking out of some external influence. Believe in whatever makes sense to you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: