Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neuron
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 28 May 2002
Posts: 2371

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

I seem to remember a package/site that ran a daemon that sent some data on rare occasions, and a web site collecting statistics of cflags/packages installed and such, where did that go?

Because I just noticed "The AMD64 stable-profile team needs your help" (sticky thread), and I was thinking, it'd probably be a piece of cake to make a stats of packages that have been keyworded/unmasked by most users.

And that could be kinda handy for the developers :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dlareh
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2005
Posts: 2102

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

neuron wrote:
I seem to remember a package/site that ran a daemon that sent some data on rare occasions, and a web site collecting statistics of cflags/packages installed and such, where did that go?

Because I just noticed "The AMD64 stable-profile team needs your help" (sticky thread), and I was thinking, it'd probably be a piece of cake to make a stats of packages that have been keyworded/unmasked by most users.

And that could be kinda handy for the developers :)

According to http://www.gentoo-stats.org/ , the developers were assholes.

But I'd love to see a new project like this happen.
_________________
"Mr Thomas Edison has been up on the two previous nights discovering 'a bug' in his phonograph." --Pall Mall Gazette (1889)
Are we THERE yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moot_point
n00b
n00b


Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

Dlareh wrote:
neuron wrote:
I seem to remember a package/site that ran a daemon that sent some data on rare occasions, and a web site collecting statistics of cflags/packages installed and such, where did that go?

Because I just noticed "The AMD64 stable-profile team needs your help" (sticky thread), and I was thinking, it'd probably be a piece of cake to make a stats of packages that have been keyworded/unmasked by most users.

And that could be kinda handy for the developers :)

According to http://www.gentoo-stats.org/ , the developers were assholes.

But I'd love to see a new project like this happen.


Should have read the last post for it at bugs.gentoo.org. It's been reopened as a new project over at this site.

:)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dlareh
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2005
Posts: 2102

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

moot_point wrote:
Should have read the last post for it at bugs.gentoo.org. It's been reopened as a new project over at this site.

:)

Dude, LiST is nothing like the old project.
_________________
"Mr Thomas Edison has been up on the two previous nights discovering 'a bug' in his phonograph." --Pall Mall Gazette (1889)
Are we THERE yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atrus123
Guru
Guru


Joined: 06 Jul 2005
Posts: 339
Location: Annapolis, MD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

Dlareh wrote:
According to http://www.gentoo-stats.org/ , the developers were assholes.


Wow, I read through his site. I wonder what he did to invoke the wrath of the devs.

J.
_________________
"I cannot support a movement that exploded spending and borrowing and blames its successor for the debt."
-Andrew Sullivan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neuron
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 28 May 2002
Posts: 2371

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dealt with the gentoo dev's aswell, and chances are it was as much his fault as it was theirs (although I'm not saying it was all his fault), the blame most likely doesn't lie on one side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moot_point
n00b
n00b


Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

Dlareh wrote:
moot_point wrote:
Should have read the last post for it at bugs.gentoo.org. It's been reopened as a new project over at this site.

:)

Dude, LiST is nothing like the old project.


Never said it was. Just pointing out it was reopened and where it was reopened to. I know nothing about either project except for what I read after finding this thread. :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum