Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neuron
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

I seem to remember a package/site that ran a daemon that sent some data on rare occasions, and a web site collecting statistics of cflags/packages installed and such, where did that go?

Because I just noticed "The AMD64 stable-profile team needs your help" (sticky thread), and I was thinking, it'd probably be a piece of cake to make a stats of packages that have been keyworded/unmasked by most users.

And that could be kinda handy for the developers :)
Dlareh
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

neuron wrote:
I seem to remember a package/site that ran a daemon that sent some data on rare occasions, and a web site collecting statistics of cflags/packages installed and such, where did that go?

Because I just noticed "The AMD64 stable-profile team needs your help" (sticky thread), and I was thinking, it'd probably be a piece of cake to make a stats of packages that have been keyworded/unmasked by most users.

According to http://www.gentoo-stats.org/ , the developers were assholes.

But I'd love to see a new project like this happen.
moot_point
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

Dlareh wrote:
neuron wrote:

But I'd love to see a new project like this happen.

Should have read the last post for it at bugs.gentoo.org. It's been reopened as a new project over at this site.

:)
Dlareh
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

moot_point wrote:
Should have read the last post for it at bugs.gentoo.org. It's been reopened as a new project over at this site.

Dude, LiST is nothing like the old project.
atrus123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

Dlareh wrote:

Wow, I read through his site. I wonder what he did to invoke the wrath of the devs.

J.
neuron
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dealt with the gentoo dev's aswell, and chances are it was as much his fault as it was theirs (although I'm not saying it was all his fault), the blame most likely doesn't lie on one side.
moot_point
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Wasn't there a gentoo-stats package? Reply with quote

Dlareh wrote:
moot_point wrote:

Dude, LiST is nothing like the old project.

Never said it was. Just pointing out it was reopened and where it was reopened to. I know nothing about either project except for what I read after finding this thread. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: