XGL performance is strange. Xinerama?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poldi45
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: XGL performance is strange. Xinerama? Reply with quote

Hi,

1. I have a performance related problem with XGL: It runs perfectly, just until i try to emerge something. Then it will get terribly slow. This doesnt happen with the normal X, and top shows that the normal X seems to get way more CPU time when emerge is running than Xgl. I tried renicing it but it didnt help. This is always the same with Xgl, no matter what windowmanager i use(kwin, compiz ...).
Strange thing is that playing viedeos and stuff like that doesnt seem to slow Xgl down ....

2. Is there any way to set up Xinerama with XGL? its a pain in the a** to have new windows show up right in the middle of two monitors.

Thanks for reading this :-)
CoffeeBuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: XGL performance is strange. Xinerama? Reply with quote

First off. Please post all Xgl related questions to the XGL thread.

poldi45 wrote:
Hi,

1. I have a performance related problem with XGL: It runs perfectly, just until i try to emerge something. Then it will get terribly slow. This doesnt happen with the normal X, and top shows that the normal X seems to get way more CPU time when emerge is running than Xgl. I tried renicing it but it didnt help. This is always the same with Xgl, no matter what windowmanager i use(kwin, compiz ...
Strange thing is that playing viedeos and stuff like that doesnt seem to slow Xgl down ....

set PORTAGE_NICENESS="19" or "20" in make.conf

poldi45 wrote:

2. Is there any way to set up Xinerama with XGL? its a pain in the a** to have new windows show up right in the middle of two monitors.

Thanks for reading this :-)

Not to my knowledge.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: