View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
argasek
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@primozic: I'm glad I could be helpful :) I'm downloading Your ebuilds, going test them soon.
RLU #137109 | http://soundcloud.com/argasek
veneto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About radeonfb issue: just go /usr/src/linux make menuconfig -> device drivers -> graphics stuff -> disable radeonfb and select vesa-ng -> run make -> boot the new kernel. you might as well live without framebuffer console, but the penguin logo iz cool ;-)

About the PACKAGE_* issue: OH! fixed :).
USE="patch" emerge xf86-video-ati (thx argasek, although I like my driver to be version 1.2.3 :P)

Thx to primozic for the new ebuilds!
argasek
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@primozic: I suggest to move xorg-server-1.1.99.999-get-drawable-attributes.patch to 'beryl' flag -- see: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8991, it's Xorg GLX implementation specific, and actually, not AIGLX one.

Edit:

veneto wrote:
About the PACKAGE_* issue: OH! fixed :).
USE="patch" emerge xf86-video-ati (thx argasek, although I like my driver to be version 1.2.3 :P)

Actually, it is with my patch:
Code:

slicznotka tmp # cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep "ATI driver"
(II) ATI: ATI driver (version 6.6.99) for chipsets: ati, ativga

of course feel free to change it from 6.6.99 to 1.2.3 :D ;)

Last edited by argasek on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
_pF_
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Primozic & argasek, could you please adumbrate the advantages and differences of your builds over the plain CVS/git/SVN versions from freedesktop?
argasek
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.
1) they compile ;)
2) https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8991 patches included, solving white/black cube problem with mesa >= 6.5.2 (see this)
and:
3) Primozic ebuilds, as far as I'm aware, are the GIT version of xorg/mesa with patches to compile cleanly, fix issue mentioned in 2) and some EXA fixes, and they're applied over GIT branch which is going to be released as Xorg 7.2
4) mine ebuilds are similiar, but over 'head' branch (which is going to be Xorg 7.3 probably), including even more EXA improvements/fixes from bugs.freedesktop.org, but at the moment they're (ebuilds) out of date -- eg., some of these patches were already commited upstream.

In general, us Primozic's one. ;)
Jimmy Jazz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks i need your help :)

i'm not really lucky. xorg-server-9999 asked me for a damageproto version greater then 1.0 and solaris patch doesn't work either. As you can guess i'm not under solaris E15000 , also only the first problem give me some troubles... there is nowhere to find damageproto above 1.0.3 even on xorg.freedestop.org :(

Code:

checking for XSERVERCFLAGS... configure: error: Package requirements (randrproto >= 1.2 renderproto fixesproto >= 4.0 damageproto >= 1.1 xcmiscproto xextproto xproto xtrans scrnsaverproto >= 1.1 bigreqsproto resourceproto fontsproto inputproto >= 1.4 kbproto >= 1.0.3 dbus-1 videoproto compositeproto >= 0.3 trapproto recordproto resourceproto xineramaproto evieproto xkbfile xfont xau fontenc dbus-1 xdmcp) were not met:

Requested 'damageproto >= 1.1' but version of DamageProto is 1.0.3

Other packages instead compiled well

I'm using mesa-cvs from Primozic

EDIT: sorry for that stupid post, i forgot to rsync the mesa-svc tree and delete /usr/portage/git-src content. Anyway, xf86-video-at-9999 continue to crash the X server (i'm using r300 driver). Only the 6.6.3 seems to be stable. beryl doesn't work with it either (coredump and lot of messages) :(
I'll try now the 7.2 xorg release (gentoo tree) and see if there are some improvements in sight ;).

Jj

+----+----+----+
|    |::::|    |
+----+----+----+

motto: WeLCRO
WritE Less Code, Repeat Often
bitnick
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_of_Puppets wrote:
*snip*

now glxinfo says the following:

Code:
master@master-notebook ~ $ glxinfo | grep direct
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
direct rendering: Yes

and, referring to /var/log/Xorg.0.log, the DRI stuff is also initialized correctly.

BUT

when i run an opengl-app (like glxgears for example) I get the following:

Code:
master@master-notebook ~ $ glxgears
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22 (exiting)

and dmesg shows some errors from the radeon driver....
Code:
[drm:r300_emit_3d_load_vbpntr] *ERROR* Offset failed range check (k=0 i=2) while processing 3D_LOAD_VBPNTR packet.
[drm:r300_emit_packet3] *ERROR* r300_emit_raw_packet3 failed
[drm:r300_do_cp_cmdbuf] *ERROR* r300_emit_packet3 failed

*snip*

I have the same problem with my X800 PRO (R420) / AMD64 system. I have worked on this for a week now - I'm going crazy!

I started with a fresh install of Gentoo incl. the stable radeon drivers just after christmas; after that I have tried a zillion options in xorg.conf, installed radeon.ko and drm.ko from the latest tag of drm (drm-2.3.0 from git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm - at least, after doing "git checkout -b my-drm-2.3.0 drm-2.3.0" I think I have 2.3.0, git isn't exactly verbose on that matter), and now latest I added "media-libs/mesa ~amd64" to my etc/portage/package.keywords and emerged mesa-6.5.1-r1.

Primozic's ebuild is missing from the server ("wget http://sturmartillerie.org/portage/mesa-cvs/mesa-cvs.tar.gz" gives "ERROR 404: Not Found.".

What else can I try? Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Edit: trying Primozic's ebuild through rsync now. Will report back after it's done.

Edit2: YES! Finally, the drmRadeonCmdBuffer error is gone. I only get ~200 FPS in glxgears, but at least I'm getting somewhere! :D

Thanks,
Arvid

Last edited by bitnick on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
tontudelbot
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
good work argasek for your ebuilds & primozic for your updated overlay :D with your overlay is so easy.

But I can't start beryl with EXA (Is it a know problem or it should work?)

With XAA and Beryl, blurfx doesn't work very fast... Is it a yet know problem or only mine? OK edit: using xeffects' beryl-9999 it works :P but without "blur while window transform" option nor "blur window" option if I active the last and start any window with transparency (i.e. konsole with real_trans.patch), all goes very slow..
bitnick
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, everything seems to work now. I had no errors in Xorg.0.log, "direct rendering: Yes" from glxinfo, but only ~200 FPS from glxgears. Also, I had to use
Code:
Option "BusType" "PCI"
in the Device section of xorg.conf to avoid a black screen hard crash when X started (dead kbd, filesystem errors on next boot, but sync to monitor (i.e. it didn't go into power save mode)).

Very well... I could find no solution on Google, except disabling AGP Fast Writes, and I had already tried that, in both BIOS and xorg.conf. So what to do?

I went into the BIOS and set everything under Advanced Chipset Features to Disabled, or, if not applicable, to the lowest possible value, and I set AGPMode "1" in xorg.conf. I also changed BIOS "AGP Aperture Size" from "64M" to "128M", since it occured to me that was the amount of memory allocated by X according to some line in Xorg.0.conf. Lo and behold, everything worked, with glxgears giving 3800 FPS!

So what caused the error? Let's try one thing at a time:

1) xorg.conf AGPMode "8" and BIOS "AGP 3.0 Speed: Auto" (instead of "4x"): Check. Same glxgears FPS.
2) xorg.conf AGPFastWrite "1" and BIOS "AGP Fast Write: Auto" (instead of "Disabled"): Crash! Same dead kbd and filesystem errors on next boot, but this time, the monitor got no sync signal. So I reset these settings to "0" and "Disabled".
3) BIOS "AGP Sideband Address: Auto" and "AGP Clock Spread Spectrum: Enabled": Check. Same glxgears FPS.
4) BIOS "HT Frequency: 5x" (instead of "1x"): Check. But now 4500 FPS from glxgears!
5) BIOS "AGP Aperture Size: 64M" (instead of "128M"): Crash! Same error as before, i.e. hard crash but still sync signal to the monitor.
6) Next I tried setting the Aperture size to "256M" (the amount of memory on my graphics card). Crash! But this time during the initial boot. First, a long delay on "ata1: gc timeout cmd 0xec \ failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4), then a complete hang a few lines down on: "ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: irq 209, io mem 0xfdfff000".

Well, right now I'm happy! Perhaps I should try to enable the composite manager in Metacity now? :D

It would be nice to hear some comments; perhaps somebody knows why the Aperture size settings cause these errors? I find it strange that I haven't seen instructions anywere to set this to a specific value (howto's etc.).

Edit:
Code:
        Option          "ColorTiling" "on"
        Option          "EnablePageFlip" "on"
        Option          "GartSIZE" "32"

now gives me 7500 FPS in glxgears. This is on a Radeon X800 PRO, Athlon64 3200+, nForce3 250 system.

Edit2: At least one of these options (ColorTiling etc.) also made a huge difference for 2D rendering speed. Before, scrolling a web page was painfully slow. Now it's almost Windows-like (hrmm, sorry :twisted: ). Changing size of a window is still embarassingly slow, though. :(

Arvid
Non_E
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Several failures [edited] Reply with quote

I get this error when trying to compile libdrm:
Code:
 * Running aclocal ...                                                                                                                 [ ok ]
 * Running autoconf ...                                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * Running autoheader ...                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Running automake --add-missing --copy --foreign ...                                                                                 [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/libdrm-9999/work/libdrm-9999 ...
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

!!! ERROR: x11-libs/libdrm-9999 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1593:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 951:   Called src_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 1282:   Called x-modular_src_compile
  x-modular.eclass, line 333:   Called x-modular_src_make
  x-modular.eclass, line 328:   Called die

Is there any way to deal with that error?

EDIT: I run it once again this morning and libdrm works. I guess some changes in git were mede.

EDIT2:: I get somiliar error from x11-drm package now:
Code:
  MODPOST 2 modules
  CC      /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/x11-drm-9999/work/x11-drm-9999/linux-core/drm.mod.o
  LD [M]  /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/x11-drm-9999/work/x11-drm-9999/linux-core/drm.ko
  CC      /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/x11-drm-9999/work/x11-drm-9999/linux-core/radeon.mod.o
  LD [M]  /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/x11-drm-9999/work/x11-drm-9999/linux-core/radeon.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.18-no2'
>>> Source compiled.
>>> Test phase [not enabled]: x11-base/x11-drm-9999

>>> Install x11-drm-9999 into /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/x11-drm-9999/image/ category x11-base
 * Installing DRM...
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

!!! ERROR: x11-base/x11-drm-9999 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1593:   Called dyn_install
  ebuild.sh, line 1036:   Called src_install
  x11-drm-9999.ebuild, line 87:   Called src_install_os
  x11-drm-9999.ebuild, line 227:   Called src_install_linux
  x11-drm-9999.ebuild, line 307:   Called die

Some additional info:
Code:
CONFIG_AGP_VIA=y
# CONFIG_DRM is not set

Last edited by Non_E on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
MADevil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tontudelbot wrote:
Hi,
good work argasek for your ebuilds & primozic for your updated overlay :D with your overlay is so easy.

But I can't start beryl with EXA (Is it a know problem or it should work?)

With XAA and Beryl, blurfx doesn't work very fast... Is it a yet know problem or only mine? OK edit: using xeffects' beryl-9999 it works :P but without "blur while window transform" option nor "blur window" option if I active the last and start any window with transparency (i.e. konsole with real_trans.patch), all goes very slow..

I've exactly the same problem :EXA (with beryl & exa USE) crash beryl , and moving blur is very slow (splash with animated background , blur on and kiba dock with opacity and auto-hide on move or windows blured on move).

Before USE exa for compiling xorg-server , exa don't crash beryl but video are width compressed .

I've some digest errors (x11-drm , xorg-server) passed by ebuild ... digest or FEATURES="-strict"

Thanks for the works primozic , and long live in your mobo :wink:
Jimmy Jazz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response of my precedent post,

i'm not able to compile xf86-input-keyboard-1.2.0 with xorg-server-1.2.99.0 (7.2.3) and a new version of xf86-input-mouse is still missing in portage tree :( Without them xorg-server doesn't recognize the input devices.

In my case, xf86-video-ati-9999 really doesn't work for the moment with an ati 9700 agp card.

+----+----+----+
+----+----+----+

MADevil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mask xorg-server-1.2.99.0 and compile xorg-server-1.1.99.999 (from this overlay)
Jimmy Jazz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MADevil wrote:
Mask xorg-server-1.2.99.0 and compile xorg-server-1.1.99.999 (from this overlay)

Sure, i have masked 1.2.99 and compiled 1.1.99.999 since but with xf86-video-ati-9999 i was not able to start X :(
How did you manage to get X working with xf86-video-ati-9999 and beryl ? I tried with and without the patch flag !

Anyway, i'm really impressed :o

+----+----+----+
+----+----+----+

prymitive
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running gentoo on Acer 5024 with Ati Mobility X700, using Your ebuilds I have fully working beryl (except blur / motion blur as it is very slow) but I've noticed that just having opera window open (like now when I'm editing this post) make Xorg uses about 20% of cpu power on Turion64 running at 800Mhz, I also found that watching divx movie in mplayer without beryl on uses only 3-5%, while watching the same movie with beryl on uses over 50%.

Edit: I just noticed that high cpu usage on watching movies is probably caused by status text that mplayer shows constantly, when I minimize konsole window it gets down.
Phlogiston
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prymitive wrote:
I'm running gentoo on Acer 5024 with Ati Mobility X700, using Your ebuilds I have fully working beryl (except blur / motion blur as it is very slow) but I've noticed that just having opera window open (like now when I'm editing this post) make Xorg uses about 20% of cpu power on Turion64 running at 800Mhz, I also found that watching divx movie in mplayer without beryl on uses only 3-5%, while watching the same movie with beryl on uses over 50%.

Edit: I just noticed that high cpu usage on watching movies is probably caused by status text that mplayer shows constantly, when I minimize konsole window it gets down.

I'm very interested in the setting you are using. Please tell me what options you used while emerging and what versions you are running. Futhermore it would be nice to see your xorg.conf and log please. Are you able to run beryl with EXA?

Thanks a lot for your answers!
prymitive
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlogiston wrote:
prymitive wrote:

I'm very interested in the setting you are using. Please tell me what options you used while emerging and what versions you are running. Futhermore it would be nice to see your xorg.conf and log please. Are you able to run beryl with EXA?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

1. I can confirm that mplayer high cpu usage is due progress information, I guess that it's something with horizontal text drawing with beryl becouse vertical text scrolling in kde is fast.

2. I've emerged xorg stuff from http://sturmartillerie.org/portage/mesa-cvs/

Code:
emerge -pv xorg-server mesa xf86-video-ati libdrm x11-drm

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.1.99.999  USE="aiglx beryl dri nptl sdl xorg -3dfx -debug -dmx -exa -ipv6 -kdrive -minimal -xprint" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse -acecad -aiptek -calcomp -citron -digitaledge -dmc -dynapro -elo2300 -elographics -evdev -fpit -hyperpen -jamstudio -joystick -magellan -microtouch -mutouch -palmax -penmount -spaceorb -summa -synaptics -tek4957 -ur98 -vmmouse -void -wacom" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon -apm -ark -chips -cirrus -cyrix -dummy -epson -fbdev -fglrx -glint -i128 -i740 -i810 (-impact) -imstt -mach64 -mga -neomagic (-newport) -nouveau -nsc -nv -nvidia -r128 -rendition -s3 -s3virge -savage -siliconmotion -sis -sisusb (-sunbw2) (-suncg14) (-suncg3) (-suncg6) (-sunffb) (-sunleo) (-suntcx) -tdfx -tga -trident -tseng -v4l -vesa -vga -via -vmware -voodoo -xgi" 0 kB [6]
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/mesa-9999  USE="3dnow mmx nptl sse -debug -doc -hardened -motif -pic -xcb" VIDEO_CARDS="none radeon -i810 -mach64 -mga -nouveau -r128 -s3virge -savage -sis (-sunffb) -tdfx -trident -via" 0 kB [6]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-9999  USE="dri -debug -patch" 0 kB [6]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/libdrm-9999  USE="-debug" 0 kB [6]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/x11-drm-9999  USE="-tools" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon -i810 -mach64 -mga -nouveau -nv -r128 -savage -sis (-sunffb) -tdfx -via" 0 kB [6]

3. my xorg.conf:

Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Server Layout"
        Screen         "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "AIGLX" "true"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/corefonts/"
        FontPath     "/usr/local/share/fonts/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"     # Double buffer extension
        Load  "extmod"
#      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "freetype"
# This loads the GLX module
        Load  "glx"   # libglx.a
        Load  "dri"   # libdri.a
        Load  "drm"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option         "Composite"   "Enable"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard1"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "pl"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Radeon"
        Driver          "radeon"
        Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "1"
        Option          "MonitorLayout"         "LVDS,NONE"
        Option          "RenderAccel"           "1"
        Option          "DynamicClocks"         "1"
        #Option         "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "1"
        Option          "AccelMethod"           "XAA"
        Option          "DRI"                   "1"
        Option          "backingstore"          "1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"

#Option "backingstore"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Radeon"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"

# initial origin if mode is smaller than desktop
#        Virtual     1280 1024
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1280x800" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode         0666
EndSection

4. xorg.log:

Code:
X Window System Version 7.2.0
Release Date: 24 December 2006
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.2
Build Operating System: UNKNOWN
Current Operating System: Linux acer 2.6.18-suspend2-r3 #4 Sat Dec 30 16:53:29 CET 2006 i686
Build Date: 10 January 2007
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
Module Loader present
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Jan 10 18:22:55 2007
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) ServerLayout "Server Layout"
(**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)
(**) |   |-->Monitor "Monitor0"
(**) |   |-->Device "Radeon"
(**) |-->Input Device "Mouse1"
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard1"
(WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/" does not exist.
        Entry deleted from font path.
(WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/" does not exist.
(WW) The directory "/usr/local/share/fonts/" does not exist.
(**) FontPath set to:
        /usr/share/fonts/misc/,
        /usr/share/fonts/corefonts/
(==) RgbPath set to "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
(**) Option "AIGLX" "true"
(**) Extension "Composite" is enabled
(II) Open ACPI successful (/var/run/acpid.socket)
(II) Loader magic: 0x81c6be0
(II) Module ABI versions:
        X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.3
        X.Org Video Driver: 1.0
        X.Org XInput driver : 0.6
        X.Org Server Extension : 0.3
        X.Org Font Renderer : 0.5
(II) Loader running on linux
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libpcidata.so
(II) Module pcidata: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 1.0.0
        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.0
(++) using VT number 7

(II) PCI: PCI scan (all values are in hex)
(II) PCI: 00:00:0: chip 1002,5950 card 1025,0080 rev 01 class 06,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:02:0: chip 1002,5a34 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,04,00 hdr 01
(II) PCI: 00:06:0: chip 1002,5a38 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,04,00 hdr 01
(II) PCI: 00:07:0: chip 1002,5a39 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,04,00 hdr 01
(II) PCI: 00:13:0: chip 1002,4374 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 0c,03,10 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:13:1: chip 1002,4375 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 0c,03,10 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:13:2: chip 1002,4373 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 0c,03,20 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:14:0: chip 1002,4372 card 1025,0080 rev 11 class 0c,05,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:14:1: chip 1002,4376 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 01,01,8a hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:14:3: chip 1002,4377 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 06,01,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:14:4: chip 1002,4371 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,04,01 hdr 81
(II) PCI: 00:14:5: chip 1002,4370 card 1025,0079 rev 02 class 04,01,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:14:6: chip 1002,4378 card 1025,0080 rev 02 class 07,03,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:18:0: chip 1022,1100 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:18:1: chip 1022,1101 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:18:2: chip 1022,1102 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:18:3: chip 1022,1103 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,00,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 01:00:0: chip 1002,5653 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 03,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 06:05:0: chip 14e4,4318 card 1468,0311 rev 02 class 02,80,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 06:06:0: chip 104c,8031 card a400,0000 rev 00 class 06,07,00 hdr 82
(II) PCI: 06:06:2: chip 104c,8032 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 0c,00,10 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 06:06:3: chip 104c,8033 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 01,80,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 06:06:4: chip 104c,8034 card 1025,0080 rev 00 class 08,05,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 06:07:0: chip 10ec,8169 card 1025,0079 rev 10 class 02,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: End of PCI scan
(II) Host-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 0: bridge is at (0:0:0), (0,0,9), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Bus 0 I/O range:
        [0] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
(II) Bus 0 non-prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MX[B]
(II) Bus 0 prefetchable memory range:
(II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 1: bridge is at (0:2:0), (0,1,1), BCTRL: 0x000c (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Bus 1 I/O range:
        [0] -1  0       0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B]
        [1] -1  0       0x00009400 - 0x000094ff (0x100) IX[B]
        [2] -1  0       0x00009800 - 0x000098ff (0x100) IX[B]
        [3] -1  0       0x00009c00 - 0x00009cff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) Bus 1 non-prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0xc0100000 - 0xc01fffff (0x100000) MX[B]
(II) Bus 1 prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0xc8000000 - 0xcfffffff (0x8000000) MX[B]
(II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 9: bridge is at (0:6:0), (0,9,9), BCTRL: 0x0004 (VGA_EN is cleared)
(II) PCI-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 4: bridge is at (0:7:0), (0,4,5), BCTRL: 0x0000 (VGA_EN is cleared)
(II) PCI-to-ISA bridge:
(II) Bus -1: bridge is at (0:20:3), (0,-1,-1), BCTRL: 0x0008 (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Subtractive PCI-to-PCI bridge:
(II) Bus 6: bridge is at (0:20:4), (0,6,6), BCTRL: 0x0002 (VGA_EN is cleared)
(II) Bus 6 I/O range:
        [0] -1  0       0x0000a000 - 0x0000afff (0x1000) IX[B]
(II) Bus 6 non-prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0xc0200000 - 0xc02fffff (0x100000) MX[B]
(II) Bus 6 prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0x50000000 - 0x52ffffff (0x3000000) MX[B]
(II) PCI-to-CardBus bridge:
(II) Bus 7: bridge is at (6:6:0), (6,7,8), BCTRL: 0x03c0 (VGA_EN is cleared)
(II) Bus 7 I/O range:
        [0] -1  0       0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IX[B]
        [1] -1  0       0x0000a800 - 0x0000a8ff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) Bus 7 prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0       0x50000000 - 0x51ffffff (0x2000000) MX[B]
(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility X700 (PCIE) rev 0, Mem @ 0xc8000000/27, 0xc0100000/16, I/O @ 0x9000/8
(II) Addressable bus resource ranges are
        [1] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IX[B]
(II) OS-reported resource ranges:
        [0] -1  0       0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MX[B]E(B)
        [CUT]
        [5] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) Active PCI resource ranges:
        [0] -1  0       0xc0209400 - 0xc02094ff (0x100) MX[B]
        [CUT]
        [23] -1 0       0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) Active PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
        [0] -1  0       0xc0209400 - 0xc02094ff (0x100) MX[B]
        [CUT]
        [23] -1 0       0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) OS-reported resource ranges after removing overlaps with PCI:
        [CUT]
        [5] -1  0       0x00000000 - 0x000000ff (0x100) IX[B]
(II) All system resource ranges:
        [CUT]
        [29] -1 0       0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) LoadModule: "dbe"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdbe.so
(II) Module dbe: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org Server Extension
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
(II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
(II) LoadModule: "extmod"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libextmod.so
(II) Module extmod: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org Server Extension
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
(II) Loading extension X-Resource
(II) LoadModule: "type1"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/fonts//libtype1.so
(II) Module type1: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 1.0.2
        Module class: X.Org Font Renderer
        ABI class: X.Org Font Renderer, version 0.5
(II) Loading font Type1
(II) LoadModule: "freetype"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/fonts//libfreetype.so
(II) Module freetype: vendor="X.Org Foundation & the After X-TT Project"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 2.1.0
        Module class: X.Org Font Renderer
        ABI class: X.Org Font Renderer, version 0.5
(II) Loading font FreeType
(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(**) AIGLX enabled
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libdri.so
(II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
(II) LoadModule: "radeon"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//radeon_drv.so
(II) Module radeon: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 4.2.0
        Module class: X.Org Video Driver
(II) LoadModule: "ati"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//ati_drv.so
(II) Module ati: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 6.6.99
        Module class: X.Org Video Driver
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.1.1, module version = 1.1.1
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6
(II) LoadModule: "kbd"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so
(II) Module kbd: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.1.1, module version = 1.1.0
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6
(II) ATI: ATI driver (version 6.6.99) for chipsets: ati, ativga
(II) R128: Driver for ATI Rage 128 chipsets:
        ATI Rage 128 Mobility M3 LE (PCI), ATI Rage 128 Mobility M3 LF (AGP),
        [cut]
        ATI Radeon X850 XT (R480) (AGP), ATI Radeon X850 XT PE (R480) (AGP)
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(--) Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon X700 (M26) (PCIE) found
(II) resource ranges after xf86ClaimFixedResources() call:
        [CUT]
        [29] -1 0       0x00009000 - 0x000090ff (0x100) IX[B](B)
(II) Loading sub module "radeon"
(II) LoadModule: "radeon"
(II) Reloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//radeon_drv.so
(II) resource ranges after probing:
        [CUT]
        [34] 0  0       0x000003c0 - 0x000003df (0x20) IS[B]
(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONPreInit
(II) RADEON(0): MMIO registers at 0xc0100000: size 64KB
(II) RADEON(0): PCI bus 1 card 0 func 0
(**) RADEON(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
(II) RADEON(0): Pixel depth = 24 bits stored in 4 bytes (32 bpp pixmaps)
(==) RADEON(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(**) RADEON(0): Option "EnablePageFlip" "1"
(**) RADEON(0): Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,NONE"
(**) RADEON(0): Option "RenderAccel" "1"
(**) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicClocks" "1"
(**) RADEON(0): Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
(II) Loading sub module "vgahw"
(II) LoadModule: "vgahw"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libvgahw.so
(II) Module vgahw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 0.1.0
(II) RADEON(0): vgaHWGetIOBase: hwp->IOBase is 0x03d0, hwp->PIOOffset is 0x0000
(==) RADEON(0): RGB weight 888
(II) RADEON(0): Using 8 bits per RGB (8 bit DAC)
(++) RADEON(0): "-dpi 96" given in command line, assuming "ConstantDPI" set
(++) RADEON(0): X server will keep DPI constant for all screen sizes
(II) Loading sub module "int10"
(II) LoadModule: "int10"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libint10.so
(II) Module int10: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) RADEON(0): initializing int10
(II) RADEON(0): Primary V_BIOS segment is: 0xc000
(--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Mobility Radeon X700 (M26) (PCIE)" (ChipID = 0x5653)
(--) RADEON(0): Linear framebuffer at 0xc8000000
(II) RADEON(0): PCIE card detected
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:01:00.0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 7, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 7
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:01:00.0
(II) RADEON(0): [dri] Found DRI library version 1.3.0 and kernel module version 1.25.0
(**) RADEON(0): Page Flipping enabled
(II) RADEON(0): Will try to use DMA for Xv image transfers
(II) RADEON(0): Generation 2 PCI interface, using max accessible memory
(II) RADEON(0): Detected total video RAM=131072K, accessible=131072K (PCI BAR=131072K)
(--) RADEON(0): Mapped VideoRAM: 131072 kByte (128 bit DDR SDRAM)
(II) RADEON(0): Color tiling enabled by default
(II) Loading sub module "ddc"
(II) LoadModule: "ddc"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libddc.so
(II) Module ddc: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) Loading sub module "i2c"
(II) LoadModule: "i2c"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libi2c.so
(II) Module i2c: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 1.2.0
(II) RADEON(0): I2C bus "DDC" initialized.
(II) RADEON(0): ATOM BIOS detected
(II) RADEON(0): Port0: DDCType-0, DACType-0, TMDSType--1, ConnectorType-1
(II) RADEON(0): Port1: DDCType-1, DACType--1, TMDSType--1, ConnectorType-7
(**) RADEON(0): MonitorLayout Option:
        Monitor1--Type LVDS, Monitor2--Type NONE

(II) RADEON(0):
(II) RADEON(0): Port1:
 Monitor   -- LVDS
 Connector -- VGA
 DAC Type  -- Primary
 TMDS Type -- NONE
 DDC Type  -- NONE
(II) RADEON(0): Port2:
 Monitor   -- NONE
 Connector -- LVDS
 DAC Type  -- Unknown
 TMDS Type -- NONE
 DDC Type  -- MONID
(II) RADEON(0): ---- Primary Head:   Port1 ----
(II) RADEON(0): ---- Secondary Head: Not used ----
(II) RADEON(0): ref_freq: 2700, min_pll: 20000, max_pll: 50000, xclk: 40000, sclk: 358.000000, mclk: 300.000000
(II) RADEON(0): PLL parameters: rf=2700 rd=7 min=20000 max=50000; xclk=40000
(WW) RADEON(0): LVDS Info:
XRes: 1280, YRes: 800, DotClock: 71250
HBlank: 160, HOverPlus: 48, HSyncWidth: 32
VBlank: 23, VOverPlus: 2, VSyncWidth: 6
(WW) RADEON(0): Failed to detect secondary monitor, MergedFB/Clone mode disabled
(==) RADEON(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
(II) RADEON(0): Validating modes on Primary head ---------
(WW) RADEON(0): LVDS Info:
XRes: 1280, YRes: 800, DotClock: 71250
HBlank: 160, HOverPlus: 48, HSyncWidth: 32
VBlank: 23, VOverPlus: 2, VSyncWidth: 6
(II) RADEON(0): Total number of valid DDC mode(s) found: 0
(II) RADEON(0): Valid mode using on-chip RMX: 1280x800
(II) RADEON(0): Valid mode using on-chip RMX: 1024x768
(II) RADEON(0): Valid mode using on-chip RMX: 800x600
(II) RADEON(0): Valid mode using on-chip RMX: 640x480
(II) RADEON(0): Total number of valid FP mode(s) found: 4
(--) RADEON(0): Virtual size is 1280x800 (pitch 1280)
(**) RADEON(0): *Mode "1280x800": 71.2 MHz (scaled from 0.0 MHz), 49.5 kHz, 60.1 Hz
[CUT]
(II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1152x768"   71.25  1152 1328 1360 1440  768 802 808 823
(++) RADEON(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
(II) Loading sub module "fb"
(II) LoadModule: "fb"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libfb.so
(II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.3
(II) Loading sub module "ramdac"
(II) LoadModule: "ramdac"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libramdac.so
(II) Module ramdac: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 0.1.0
(**) RADEON(0): Using XAA acceleration architecture
(II) Loading sub module "xaa"
(II) LoadModule: "xaa"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libxaa.so
(II) Module xaa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.2.0, module version = 1.2.0
(==) RADEON(0): Assuming overlay scaler buffer width is 1536
(II) RADEON(0): No MM_TABLE found - assuming CARD is not TV-in capable.
(!!) RADEON(0): For information on using the multimedia capabilities
        of this adapter, please see http://gatos.sf.net.
(--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
(II) do I need RAC?  No, I don't.
(II) resource ranges after preInit:
        [0] 0   0       0xc0100000 - 0xc010ffff (0x10000) MX[B]
        [CUT]
        [37] 0  0       0x000003c0 - 0x000003df (0x20) IS[B](OprU)
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONScreenInit c8000000 0 0
(**) RADEON(0): Map: 0xc8000000, 0x08000000
(==) RADEON(0): Write-combining range (0xc8000000,0x8000000)
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSave
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveMode(0x81efae0)
(**) RADEON(0): Read: 0x001c0007 0x0002004a 0x00000000
(**) RADEON(0): Read: rd=7, fd=74, pd=2
(**) RADEON(0): Read: 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
(**) RADEON(0): Read: rd=0, fd=0, pd=0
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveMode returns 0x81efae0
(II) RADEON(0): Dynamic Clock Scaling Enabled
(==) RADEON(0): Using 24 bit depth buffer
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONInitMemoryMap() :
(**) RADEON(0):   mem_size         : 0x08000000
(**) RADEON(0):   MC_FB_LOCATION   : 0xcfffc800
(**) RADEON(0):   MC_AGP_LOCATION  : 0xffffffc0
(II) RADEON(0): Depth moves disabled by default
(**) RADEON(0): Setting up initial surfaces
(**) RADEON(0): Setting up accel memmap
(II) RADEON(0): CP in BM mode
(II) RADEON(0): Using 8 MB GART aperture
(II) RADEON(0): Using 1 MB for the ring buffer
(II) RADEON(0): Using 2 MB for vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): Using 5 MB for GART textures
(II) RADEON(0): Memory manager initialized to (0,0) (1280,8191)
(II) RADEON(0): Reserved area from (0,800) to (1280,802)
(II) RADEON(0): Largest offscreen area available: 1280 x 7389
(II) RADEON(0): Will use front buffer at offset 0x0
(II) RADEON(0): Will use back buffer at offset 0x102c000
(II) RADEON(0): Will use depth buffer at offset 0x1414000
(II) RADEON(0): Will use 32 kb for PCI GART table at offset 0x7ff8000
(II) RADEON(0): Will use 106496 kb for textures at offset 0x17fc000
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 7
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] DRM interface version 1.3
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] created "radeon" driver at busid "pci:0000:01:00.0"
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] added 8192 byte SAREA at 0xf99b5000
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] mapped SAREA 0xf99b5000 to 0xb7ae7000
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] framebuffer handle = 0xc8000000
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] added 1 reserved context for kernel
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] 8192 kB allocated with handle 0xf9a43000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] ring handle = 0xf9a43000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] Ring mapped at 0xaf8bb000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] Ring contents 0x00000000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] ring read ptr handle = 0xf9b44000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] Ring read ptr mapped at 0xaf8ba000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] Ring read ptr contents 0x00000000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] vertex/indirect buffers handle = 0xf9b45000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] Vertex/indirect buffers mapped at 0xaf6ba000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] Vertex/indirect buffers contents 0x00000000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] GART texture map handle = 0xf9d45000
(II) RADEON(0): [pci] GART Texture map mapped at 0xaf1da000
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] register handle = 0xc0100000
(II) RADEON(0): [dri] Visual configs initialized
(**) RADEON(0): DRI New memory map param
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing fb layer
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONModeInit()
1280x800       71.25  1280 1328 1360 1440   800  802  808  823 (24,32)
1280x800       71.25  1280 1328 1360 1440   800  802  808  823 (24,32)
(**) RADEON(0): dc=7125, of=28500, fd=74, pd=4
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONInit returns 0x81f049c
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMode(0x81f049c)
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMemMapRegisters() :
(**) RADEON(0):   MC_FB_LOCATION   : 0xcfffc800
(**) RADEON(0):   MC_AGP_LOCATION  : 0xffffffc0
(**) RADEON(0):   Map Changed ! Applying ...
(**) RADEON(0):   Map applied, resetting engine ...
(**) RADEON(0): Updating display base addresses...
(**) RADEON(0): Memory map updated.
(**) RADEON(0): Programming CRTC1, offset: 0x00000000
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveScreen(0)
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing backing store
(**) RADEON(0): Option "BackingStore" "1"
(**) RADEON(0): Backing store enabled
(**) RADEON(0): DRI PCIGART param
(**) RADEON(0): DRI Finishing init !
(II) RADEON(0): X context handle = 0x1
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] installed DRM signal handler
(II) RADEON(0): [DRI] installation complete
(**) RADEON(0): EngineRestore (32/32)
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Added 32 65536 byte vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Mapped 32 vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] dma control initialized, using IRQ 11
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Initialized kernel GART heap manager, 5111808
(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled
(**) RADEON(0): Setting up final surfaces
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing Acceleration
(II) RADEON(0): Render acceleration unsupported on Radeon 9500/9700 and newer.
(II) RADEON(0): Render acceleration disabled
(**) RADEON(0): EngineInit (32/32)
(**) RADEON(0): Pitch for acceleration = 160
(**) RADEON(0): EngineRestore (32/32)
(II) RADEON(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA)
        Screen to screen bit blits
        Solid filled rectangles
        8x8 mono pattern filled rectangles
        Indirect CPU to Screen color expansion
        Solid Lines
        Scanline Image Writes
        Offscreen Pixmaps
        Setting up tile and stipple cache:
                32 128x128 slots
                32 256x256 slots
                16 512x512 slots
(II) RADEON(0): Acceleration enabled
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing DPMS
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing Cursor
(==) RADEON(0): Silken mouse enabled
(II) RADEON(0): Using hardware cursor (scanline 802)
(II) RADEON(0): Largest offscreen area available: 1280 x 7385
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing color map
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing DGA
(**) RADEON(0): Initializing Xv
(II) RADEON(0): No video input capabilities detected and no information is provided - disabling multimedia i2c
(II) Loading sub module "theatre_detect"
(II) LoadModule: "theatre_detect"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia//theatre_detect_drv.so
(II) Module theatre_detect: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
(II) RADEON(0): no multimedia table present, disabling Rage Theatre.
(WW) RADEON(0): Option "DRI" is not used
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONScreenInit finished
(==) RandR enabled
(II) Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
(II) Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
(II) Initializing built-in extension XTEST
(II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
(II) Initializing built-in extension XC-APPGROUP
(II) Initializing built-in extension XAccessControlExtension
(II) Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
(II) Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
(II) Initializing built-in extension XFree86-Bigfont
(II) Initializing built-in extension RENDER
(II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR
(II) Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
(II) Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
(II) Initializing built-in extension XEVIE
drmOpenDevice: open result is 8, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: open result is 8, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 8
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2e
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x30
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x32
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
(II) GLX: Initialized DRI GL provider for screen 0
(**) Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
(**) Mouse1: Device: "/dev/input/mice"
(**) Mouse1: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse1: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
(==) Mouse1: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) Mouse1: Buttons: 9
(**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
(**) Keyboard1: Core Keyboard
(**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
(**) Keyboard1: Protocol: standard
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
(**) Keyboard1: XkbRules: "xorg"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
(**) Keyboard1: XkbModel: "pc105"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "pl"
(**) Keyboard1: XkbLayout: "pl"
(**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
(**) Keyboard1: CustomKeycodes disabled
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard1" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
(II) Mouse1: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSaveScreen(2)
(II) RADEON(0): Damage tracking initialized for page flipping
BOGUS LENGTH in write keyboard desc, expected 5420, got 5424
BOGUS LENGTH in write keyboard desc, expected 5424, got 5428
(II) XAA: Evicting pixmaps
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONDisplayPowerManagementSet(0,0x0)

5. beryl settings:

Code:
[animation]
s_close2_effect=Beam Up
s_create2_effect=Fade
s_minimize_duration=0.30000001192092896
s_unminimize_duration=0.30000001192092896
s_close1_duration=0.30000001192092896
s_create1_duration=0.5
s_close2_duration=0.30000001192092896
s_create2_duration=0.40000000596046448
s_focus_duration=0.40000000596046448
s_curved_fold_amp=0.15000000596046448
s_close1_effect=Burn
s_create1_effect=Fade
s_create1_window_types=Dialog;Normal;ModalDialog;
s_all_random=false
s_disable_pp_fx=Animated window
s_shade_duration=0.5
s_unshade_duration=0.5
s_focus_wave_width=0.69999998807907104
s_horizontal_folds_amp=0.070000000298023224
s_sidekick_num_rotations=0.5
s_fire_size=5
s_fire_slowdown=0.5
s_fire_life=0.69999998807907104
s_beam_size=8
s_beam_slowdown=1
s_beam_life=0.80000001192092896
s_beam_color=60615;60918;60980;65535;
s_fire_direction=Down
s_fire_constant_speed=false
s_fire_smoke=false
s_fire_mystical=false

[_]
a_active_plugins=settings;crashhandler;resize;png;put;svg;move;animation;wobbly;switcher;place;decoration;dbus;scale;
a_texture_filter=Best
s_slowness_fix=true
s_detect_refresh_rate=true
s_number_of_desktops=1
s_lighting=true

[blurfx]
s_blur_transformed_screen=true
s_blur_transformed_window=true
s_motion_blur_on_transformed_screen=true
s_non_fbo_blur_strength=6
s_reflection_file=
s_motion_blur_strength=20
s_blur_saturation=100
s_reflection_transformed_screen=true
s_reflection_transformed_window=true
s_blur_decoration=true
s_no_cache_when_transformed=true
s_blur_windows=true
s_reflection_windows=true
s_reflection_decoration=true

[scale]
s_darken_back_factor=0.67000001668930054
s_speed=2.5
s_timestep=1.1000000238418579
a_initiate_app__keyboard=<Super>F7
a_initiate_app__mouse=#Button0
a_initiate_app__edge=0
a_initiate__keyboard=<Super>Pause
a_initiate__mouse=#<Shift><Control><Mod3><Mod4><Mod5><Super><ModeSwitch>Button0
a_initiate__edge=0
a_initiate_all__keyboard=<Super>F8
a_initiate_all__mouse=#Button104
a_initiate_all__edge=32
a_initiate_current_head__keyboard=<Super>F9
a_initiate_current_head__mouse=#<Mod2><Mod3><Mod5><Meta><Super><Hyper>Button-1221715325
a_initiate_current_head__edge=0

[crashhandler]
a_start_window_manager=true

[move]
a_opacity=90

[place]
s_workarounds=false

[wobbly]
s_focus_effect=Shiver
s_map_window_types=Splash;Notification;Dnd;Unknown;
s_map_spring_k=8
s_map_friction=2.5999999046325684
s_release_spring_k=8
s_map_effect=Shiver
s_focus_window_types=
s_min_grid_size=4
s_move_friction=4
s_move_spring_k=10
s_grab_friction=4
s_grab_spring_k=10
s_focus_friction=4
s_focus_spring_k=10
s_maximize_friction=4
s_maximize_spring_k=10
s_visual_bell_friction=4
s_visual_bell_spring_k=10
s_release_friction=4
s_urgent_friction=4
s_urgent_spring_k=10
s_urgent_velocity=1

[switcher]
s_temp_unminimize=true
s_all_desktops=true
s_speed=2.5
s_timestep=1.1000000238418579
s_zoom=1

[decoration]
a_shadows_on_docks=true
a_apply_paint_modifiers=true
a_drop_shadows=false
a_shadow_opacity=25
a_mipmap=true

[zoom]
s_min=0.10000000149011612

[rotate]
s_timestep=0.89999997615814209

[bench]
a_output_console=true

[put]
s_speed=2.5
s_timestep=0.5
s_window_center=true

[cube]

[water]

[3d]
s_speed=0.004999999888241291

[annotate]
a_line_width=3
a_stroke_width=1

[snow]
a_snow_over_windows=false
a_num_snowflakes=500
a_snow_speed=50
a_snow_update_delay=50

TIPS:
    don't forget to run
    Code:
    eselect opengl set xorg-x11
    and put
    Code:
    R300_FORCE_R300=1
    somewhere in /etc/env.d (for example /etc/env.d/99radeon)

unmerge ati-drivers, I couldn't get direct rendering if fglrx was installed
Phlogiston
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but please keep in mind that we prefer using pastebin or similar for the long logs, because like this it's a bit ugly to scroll and find other posts.

I hoped that you are using EXA, because beryl runs on XAA here too but is just not stable (xorg-freezes...)

Thanks anyway for the information!

PS: Did you ever give EXA a try?
prymitive
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlogiston wrote:
Thanks, but please keep in mind that we prefer using pastebin or similar for the long logs, because like this it's a bit ugly to scroll and find other posts.

sorry, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
I hoped that you are using EXA, because beryl runs on XAA here too but is just not stable (xorg-freezes...)

I did not try EXA yet, I'll try it and report later.
tontudelbot
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reemerging mesa and...
Code:
>>> Unpacking source...
 * git update start -->
 *    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
Unpacking 38 objects
* refs/heads/master: fast forward to branch 'master' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
  old..new: d9dd901..b55f1ec
 src/glx/x11/glxext.c                              |    2 +-
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i915tex/i915_context.h       |    1 -
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i915tex/i915_state.c         |    1 -
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i915tex/i915_tex.c           |   35 ---------------------
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/i915tex/intel_tex_validate.c |    6 +++-
 src/mesa/drivers/dri/r300/r300_fragprog.c         |    2 +-
 src/mesa/main/polygon.c                           |    3 ++
 7 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
 *    local clone: /usr/portage/distfiles/git-src/mesa
 *    committish: master
*** git-tar-tree is now deprecated.
*** Running git-archive instead.
*** 'git-archive' '--format=tar' 'master'

* Applying mesa-9999-undo-r300-fragprog.patch ...

* Failed Patch: mesa-9999-undo-r300-fragprog.patch !
 *  ( /usr/portage/local/mesa-cvs/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-undo-r300-fragprog.patch )
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *   /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/mesa-9999-undo-r300-fragprog.patch-8018.out

!!! ERROR: media-libs/mesa-9999 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1593:   Called dyn_unpack
  ebuild.sh, line 731:   Called src_unpack
  mesa-9999.ebuild, line 104:   Called epatch '/usr/portage/local/mesa-cvs/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-undo-r300-fragprog.patch'
  eutils.eclass, line 341:   Called die

!!! Failed Patch: mesa-9999-undo-r300-fragprog.patch!
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/portage/local/mesa-cvs'

I commented out the patch and digested it.
I'm reemerging it, I hope it works out :)
P.D.:I don't see any commit in gitweb related to fragprog.c ...

edit:
But why can't patch it?
Looking on r300_fragprog.c::
Code:
            GLuint arbneg)
{
   /* Native swizzle, handle negation */
   src = (src & ~REG_NEGS_MASK) |
      (((arbneg >> 3) & 1) << REG_NEGS_SHIFT);

if ((arbneg & 0x7) == 0x0) {
      src = src & ~REG_NEGV_MASK;

Weel, I don't really know patch sintaxis but if someone that knows about it, look at the patch.
Primozic
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-sync. I fixed this about an hour before your post. The patch is no longer needed.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=mesa/mesa.git;a=commit;h=b55f1ec9af30ddc5fa44818f85518fffe4580dc6
tontudelbot
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't look at that commit
tontudelbot
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: rs300 dri support? Reply with quote

I have a simple question: Is still 3d acceleration for radeon 9100 IGP unsupported? And, will be someday supported? Thanks.
MADevil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since few days , i've some digests errors (x11-drm , xorg-server, mesa) , and since yesterday , after an upgrade of all mesa-cvs packages , i have that
Code:
Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.6.3']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.6.3

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-base/x11-drm-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-base/x11-drm-20060608']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-base/x11-drm-20060608

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-apps/mesa-progs-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-apps/mesa-progs-6.5.2']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-apps/mesa-progs-6.5.2

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/media-libs/mesa-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=media-libs/mesa-6.5.2']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=media-libs/mesa-6.5.2

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-libs/libdrm-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-libs/libdrm-2.3']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-libs/libdrm-2.3
when i use emerge
someone have similars errors or i've miss something ?
tontudelbot
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MADevil wrote:
Since few days , i've some digests errors (x11-drm , xorg-server, mesa) , and since yesterday , after an upgrade of all mesa-cvs packages , i have that
Code:
Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.6.3']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.6.3

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-base/x11-drm-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-base/x11-drm-20060608']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-base/x11-drm-20060608

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-apps/mesa-progs-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-apps/mesa-progs-6.5.2']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-apps/mesa-progs-6.5.2

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/media-libs/mesa-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=media-libs/mesa-6.5.2']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=media-libs/mesa-6.5.2

Parse Error reading PROVIDE and USE in '/var/db/pkg/x11-libs/libdrm-9999'
Possibly Invalid: '['>=x11-libs/libdrm-2.3']'
Exception: Invalid category in >=x11-libs/libdrm-2.3
when i use emerge
someone have similars errors or i've miss something ?

What's inside of /var/db/pkg/*packages*? There should be PARSE and USE files there.. If is not the case, maybe a emerge --metadata..? but sounds a litle strange... :?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: