Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
can't install maple 10.bin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dtg666
n00b
n00b


Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Berlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: can't install maple 10.bin Reply with quote

i got a maplelinuxinstaller10.bin file which tells me permission denied in the bash although i made a chmod 0777 and try to execute it as root.

thanks in advance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarrenM
l33t
l33t


Joined: 25 Apr 2002
Posts: 653
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be that it's not a linux executable file or your download is corrupted.
run 'file maplelinuxinstaller10.bin' to see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtg666
n00b
n00b


Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Berlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

dtg666-asusm6n Setup # file maple.linux.v10.installer.bin
maple.linux.v10.installer.bin: setuid setgid data
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarrenM
l33t
l33t


Joined: 25 Apr 2002
Posts: 653
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it just says "data" implies to me that your download is corrupted (assuming it was downloaded?)or something like that. Download it again.

If it's a compiled binary file should output something like:
"ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped"

and if it's supposed to be a script it should say "script text executable"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtg666
n00b
n00b


Joined: 01 Oct 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Berlin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i got a new file, now it says:

Code:

dtg666-asusm6n Incoming # file maple.linux.v10.installer.bin
maple.linux.v10.installer.bin: Bourne shell script text executable


edit: an now it works by executing ./maple.linux.v10.installer.bin =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
n0rad
n00b
n00b


Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

when i try to execute the Maple 10 install script i get this
Code:

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/tmp/install.dir.11850/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


but all the libraries are in /lib
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meitnerium
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Feb 2003
Posts: 67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem... I tried a ld-config, but get the same result. Anybody have a clue...
_________________
Voici la solution : http://www.perdu.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monade
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 204
Location: Berlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0rad wrote:

when i try to execute the Maple 10 install script i get this
Code:

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/tmp/install.dir.11850/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory



Anybody found a solution to that issue?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stupidkid
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 247
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n0rad wrote:
Hey,

when i try to execute the Maple 10 install script i get this
Code:

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/tmp/install.dir.11850/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


but all the libraries are in /lib

Same issue, anyone? I remember I installed maple correctly on my old partition using the same install file.
_________________
How many people can read hex if you and dead people can read hex?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stupidkid
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 247
Location: 127.0.0.1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00t, found a solution after some googling.

Back up the bin file to maple.linux.v10.installer.bin.bak. Now run

Code:
cat maple.linux.v10.installer.bin.bak | sed "s/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/" > maple.linux.v10.installer.bin

The maple.linux.v10.installer.bin file should work now.
_________________
How many people can read hex if you and dead people can read hex?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monade
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 204
Location: Berlin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupidkid wrote:
Code:
cat maple.linux.v10.installer.bin.bak | sed "s/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/" > maple.linux.v10.installer.bin

Awesome, this works for me. Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum