Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] "rc-update add NetworkManager default" not working!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] "rc-update add NetworkManager default" no Reply with quote

I am going to post this in here, as I suspect the issue I have is not related to networking. [Mods - feel free to move if I made the wrong call!]

I have installed NetworkManager as part of my wireless setup, and everything works according to plan. I added the NetworkManager init script:

Code:
rc-update add NetworkManager default

and rc-update confirmed successful addition to the required run level. I can start the script by hand
Code:
/etc/init.d/NetworkManager start
, and it runs without any error message. It does warn that it has started, but is inactive. However, everything then works according to plan in kde, and I can connect cable and wireless connections.

When I reboot the computer, the service is not started. It is still confirmed as added if I try to add it again the default run level. If I run rc-status -a, it is not shown in the list, either before or after I start the script by hand, but if I run
Code:
/etc/init.d/NetworkManager status
it reports status: Started.

I don't have any issues with adding other scripts, and I have tried booting in Interactive Mode - it appears that this script is not called at any stage during the boot process, and there are no error messages.

Could any of you advise how I can debug this issue?

Many thanks!
paulj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the second issue I have resolved myself today. Emerging openrc-0.10.5 has solved the problem. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: