Squirrelmail has become very slow
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JATMAN
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:52 am    Post subject: Squirrelmail has become very slow Reply with quote

I have a server that I run apache, postfix, courier imap, and squirrelmail on. It was setup around six months ago and has been running very nicely - until a couple of weeks ago. I emerge updated system and world after rsyncing and thought that everything had gone well. Then I tried using squirrelmail...

Although squirrelmail still works, it is now VERY SLOW. The initial login is returned very quickly, but then the display of the next page takes 1-2 minutes (!!!!). Worst performance seems to be with anything which involves folders. The address and options pages display quickly.

I normally use the Mozilla IMAP mail client with this server and that is working normally (very quickly). My primary use for squirrelmail is for reading mail when I travel (which is why it took so long to discover the problem...).

I've tried reinstalling squirrelmail, but that doesn't seem to help. I'm fresh out of ideas. Any help would be most appreciated.
archrival
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that mod_php got upgraded from 4.2.x to 4.3.x and one/some of your squirrelmail plugins aren't totally compliant with the new PHP version.
adpowers
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of squirrelmail are you using? Inbox used to be very slow with a few thousand e-mails in 1.2.x, but then I upgraded to 1.4.0 rc2 and everything is fast. If you aren't running 1.4, you might want to consider upgrading.
JATMAN
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 1.2 - but the problem does appear to have been mod_php as archrival has suggested. I did another emerge update and the problem was resolved - mod_php was in the update.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Inaba
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem now. I just updated world and Squirrelmail is a casualty.

I have latest Squirrelmail (1.2.11), mod_php (4.3.1), latest apache, latest php itself... Squirrelmail was running fine until the update. I've disabled ALL plugins for Squirrelmail and it's still terribly slow. All over php pages work just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions at this point? I'm plum out of ideas.
Inaba
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing with this for a couple days, even recompiling the kernel, among other things...

I decided to delete my profile in Squirrelmail. Low and behold... everything sped up again.

There was something in my .prof in the data directory of Squirrelmail that was causing the problems.

Just wanted to append this so others having similar issues can try it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: