View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overshoot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: pam_console not running from KDM Reply with quote

OK, I'm giving up on tracking this down w/o a hint. kdm login doesn't change device ownerships, doesn't set /var/run/console/* etc.

In other words, pam_console is out of the picture. A text-console login works fine. In fact, I can log in on a text console after logging in graphically and the permissions still get set. It's as though the X login were running remote. No logfile entries.

Oh, and for the "don't waste your time on PAM" set, I don't really have a choice since this is a group of shared systems. Problem only turned up following a recent update, and it's happening across several machines both x86 and amd64.
oldium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Easy solution Reply with quote

Hi, this is actually a very easy to solve :D. Just add one line to the end in /etc/pam.d/system-auth or /etc/pam.d/kde (specially for KDE/KDM)
Code:
session optional pam_console.so

This will add pam_console (if present) to every login on every login to system or specifically to KDE/KDM - just as it is in /etc/pam.d/xdm.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: