Ultra10 Won't work with monitor 1024x768 resolution.[SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cazort
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Ultra10 Won't work with monitor 1024x768 resolution.[SOLVED] Reply with quote

I have two monitors: one supports a lot of modes, the other only supports three: 1024x768, 800x600, and 640x480. I just got an Sun Ultra 10, 256MB RAM, 440mhz, and I thought...why not try putting gentoo on it? The problem is...I want to use it with my smaller monitor...and for some reason the darned thing will ONLY use the 1152x900 resolution.

The boot console appears at this resolution...which means that my monitor is blank. I can hook the monitor up to it temporarily, and get it to boot the linux CD...but now...Gentoo linux is displaying the text terminal at 1152x900.

HOW can I get this down to a normal resolution? Can I change the default boot screen's resolution on the sun? Or can I at least change the resolution once gentoo is started up?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
cazort
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, immediately after I post, I stumble upon the correct command. I swear, I was searching google for an hour before I posted.

In case anyone else needs to do this, the command (at the OpenBoot prompt, after pushing Stop-A) is:

Code:
setenv output-device screen:r800x600x75
reset-all

Worked like a charm.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: