shutting down dhcp
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fergus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: shutting down dhcp Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am having a problem with my dhcp connection to my cable modem not working on a reboot. I think I might have found a solution but I am having dificulty figuring out where to modify the shutdown scripts that handle the nic so i can change the way it shuts down the dchpcd daemon. I know now that the script is calling dhcpcd -k $PID to release the dhcp information. I don't want it to do this. I want to just call a simple kill $PID. I have tried to modify the script /etc/init.d/net.eth0 and also /etc/runlevel/default/net.eth0 but for some reason i don't think these are what actually turns the nic off at shutdown time. Any insight into this problem would be appreciated! Thanks
CountZero
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At shutdown time /etc/init.d/net.eth0 stop is run. You can type that in console and get the same effect of a shutdown. /etc/init.d/* stop is run when you do a reboot or shutdown. In /etc/init.d/net.eth0:
Code:
/sbin/dhcpcd -k ${IFACE} &>/dev/null

That's the line you would want to look at. It's line 147 for me but YMMV. Just comment that out and put in the kill command and that ought to suit you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: