Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[Resolved] Me as a moderator? How would I go about that?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Apr 2003
Posts: 7753
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixnut wrote:
pilla wrote:
amne wrote:

Admins are selected by the so called lottery approach.


I never won a lottery, so that cannot be true.
No, but you at least lost one, so amne is still right :wink:

:lol:
_________________
KDE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixnut wrote:
pilla wrote:
amne wrote:
Admins are selected by the so called lottery approach.
I never won a lottery, so that cannot be true.
No, but you at least lost one, so amne is still right :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 5858
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say have a moderator of the week, someone is given mod-access for a day every week (say mod-thursdays)
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
psyqil
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 May 2003
Posts: 2767

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, codergeek42!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should we really be having fedora users as mods? :wink:
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pilla
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 7706
Location: Pelotas, BR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
should we really be having fedora users as mods? :wink:


I don´t know, but I´m sure that only being a gentoo user does not qualify you :P
_________________
"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept." -- Calvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilla wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
should we really be having fedora users as mods? :wink:
I don´t know, but I´m sure that only being a gentoo user does not qualify you :P
oooooooohhhhh, handbags at dawn! :wink:

To be honest, i dont think that even if i married Linus's sister i would get to be a mod here but i cant imagine that i would want to be, i love being my crazy self :D
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pilla
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 07 Aug 2002
Posts: 7706
Location: Pelotas, BR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:

To be honest, i dont think that even if i married Linus's sister i would get to be a mod here but i cant imagine that i would want to be, i love being my crazy self :D


You could marry Linus himself and you wouldn't be a mod :)
_________________
"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept." -- Calvin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilla wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
To be honest, i dont think that even if i married Linus's sister i would get to be a mod here but i cant imagine that i would want to be, i love being my crazy self :D
You could marry Linus himself and you wouldn't be a mod :)
/me will pwn you all one day
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
codergeek42
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Posts: 5142
Location: Anaheim, CA (USA)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should mark this thread as resolved now. :D
_________________
~~ Peter: Programmer, Mathematician, STEM & Free Software Advocate, Enlightened Agent, Transhumanist, Fedora contributor
Who am I? :: EFF & FSF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2160
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergeek42 wrote:
I guess I should mark this thread as resolved now. :D


/me cashes the fat bribe check :P
_________________
Gentoo: it's like wiping your ass with silk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
codergeek42
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Posts: 5142
Location: Anaheim, CA (USA)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtis119 wrote:
/me cashes the fat bribe check :P
Oh crap. I didn't actually think you would. There's only like 12 dollars in that account. :oops:

:P
_________________
~~ Peter: Programmer, Mathematician, STEM & Free Software Advocate, Enlightened Agent, Transhumanist, Fedora contributor
Who am I? :: EFF & FSF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
masseya
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 17 Apr 2002
Posts: 2602
Location: Baltimore, MD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 more than I have in mine... :P
_________________
if i never try anything, i never learn anything..
if i never take a risk, i stay where i am..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
playfool
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 Jun 2004
Posts: 688
Location: Århus, Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilla wrote:
amne wrote:

Admins are selected by the so called lottery approach.


I never won a lottery, so that cannot be true.


Nah, but your lead pipe might help you.. attain victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half the people want me as a mod
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
curtis119
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Mar 2003
Posts: 2160
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA, North America, Earth, SOL System, Milky Way, The Universe, The Cosmos, and Beyond.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Half the people want me as a mod


The stoned half. They'll change their mind when the high wears off. :wink:
_________________
Gentoo: it's like wiping your ass with silk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nikadimus
n00b
n00b


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 1
Location: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be a mod. Also, I have been mods at several different forums.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tomk
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Posts: 7221
Location: Sat in front of my computer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikadimus wrote:
I want to be a mod. Also, I have been mods at several different forums.


kallamej wrote:
Please also see https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-781277.html#781277


To become a moderator you have to have a post history that shows that you'll make a good moderator. Having experience moderating other forums is a welcome addition, but it's not one of the criteria that we use in the selection process.
_________________
Search | Read | Answer | Report | Strip
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomk wrote:
Nikadimus wrote:
I want to be a mod. Also, I have been mods at several different forums.
kallamej wrote:
Please also see https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-781277.html#781277
To become a moderator you have to have a post history that shows that you'll make a good moderator. Having experience moderating other forums is a welcome addition, but it's not one of the criteria that we use in the selection process.

Well how come i haven't been nominated? :wink:
Quote:
active, helpful, understanding, thick-skinned, and cool headed
I seem to fit the criteria
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deathwing00
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Posts: 4087
Location: Dresden, Germany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:

Well how come i haven't been nominated? :wink:
Quote:
active, helpful, understanding, thick-skinned, and cool headed
I seem to fit the criteria


Think again... 8)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwing00 wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Well how come i haven't been nominated? :wink:
Quote:
active, helpful, understanding, thick-skinned, and cool headed
I seem to fit the criteria
Think again... 8)
If you do....
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Posts: 5909

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: more moderators Reply with quote

with the sudden increase of spam, i propose we hire more mods. 8O

may i be the first to recommend bunder for mod? :lol:
_________________
Neddyseagoon wrote:
The problem with leaving is that you can only do it once and it reduces your influence.

banned from #gentoo since sept 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phobos13013
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Sep 2004
Posts: 267
Location: PNW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you work for free... beer?
_________________
...and it should be known by now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Posts: 5909

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phobos13013 wrote:
Will you work for free... beer?


i don't drink at work. :wink:

/me bribes amne with a my little pony
_________________
Neddyseagoon wrote:
The problem with leaving is that you can only do it once and it reduces your influence.

banned from #gentoo since sept 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
omp
Retired Dev
Retired Dev


Joined: 10 Sep 2005
Posts: 1018
Location: Glendale, California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that bunder will make an excellent moderator; therefore, I would like to propose the addition of bunder to the moderator team.
_________________
meow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum