S3 Savage/IX-MV stuck at 640x480
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gn0me
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: S3 Savage/IX-MV stuck at 640x480 Reply with quote

When I use the "savage" driver it seems I am stuck at 640x480 resolution. I can't tell for sure but it also looks like its 16 bit color. When I use the "vesa" driver I am able to get 1024x768 so I'm sure my xorg.conf configuration is correct. Also I tried to get direct rendering working by getting snapshots from dri.freedesktop.org and most of the snapshots were bugged and wouldn't even work. I finally got one working from like April and it loaded and Direct Rendering was working according to glxinfo, but when I typed glxgears my system froze. So is there a remotely stable savage driver for running it at 1024x768 with direct rendering?

Edit : I managed to get the resolution up to 1024x768 by adding this to xorg.conf Monitor section :

Code:
        HorizSync    48.4
        VertRefresh  60

Edit : I got Direct Working and stable. I had to edit this to the device section :

Code:
        VideoRam    8192       
        Option    "UseBIOS"                    "True"

Also make I have to run at 16bpp mode, it simply does have the video ram to do 3d at 24 bit color.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: