auidigy driver ebuild
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bos_mindwarp
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: auidigy driver ebuild Reply with quote

I've just emerged kernel 2.4.20 and had to reinstall audigy driver. Usually I download the driver from sourceforge, but I wanted to try the ebuild, so I did that instead.

The driver was built allright, but it seems to me that the ebuild didn't made/installed audigy tools. There was no sound on my speakers, just on the phones connected to the front panel. The volume on the phones was very low, and toying with aumix didn't give any result (volume level not responding to slidebars in aumix).

So I unmerged emu10k1, downloaded the drivers from the sourceforge, installed them & tools, re-emerged aumix and all works fine again.

my 2c €
Delirium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: em10k1.conf Reply with quote

I have also been having a lot of trouble with my audigy and the gentoo ebuild. I recently had to reinstall to reclaim partitions that were corrupt and have been ready a few forums. From these I found that you need to set your card type in the emu10k1.conf file. I also had to put in the conf that my card is 5.1 capable. I then put "emu10k1" in my modules.autoload and rebooted and everything was dandy. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: