Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Some Un-official Packages and stage3 tarball online (PPC)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerk
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: Some Un-official Packages and stage3 tarball online (PPC) Reply with quote

Hello All

I put up some unofficial pacakges and a stage 3 tarball at http://gentoo-ppc.macdiscussion.com for anyone interested, I figured it might help some of the users with older/slower machines who don't want to compile forever, etc. I have used all of these packages in my own setup (including the stage3) with no problems and thought they may also be of use to someone else. They are all built on the latest 1.2 iso (ppc) release.

There are no guaratees they will work for you so use them at your own risk, but they have worked very well for me on both some old world and new world machines.

Also it is split up as there are standard PowerPC packages (and a stage3 tarball), as well as some G4 Optimized stuff. They are in no way complete package lists, but mostly all the things I use. i will be setting up an rsync setup to keep them up to date in the very near future if people start to use this site in any amount.

There are a couple of small notes on the main page of the site you might want to read (especailly if you plan to use the stage 3 tarball).

Good luck and happy installation everyone :)

Mark (Gerk)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: