predatorwall: Iptables system
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: predatorwall: Iptables system Reply with quote

Although a thread on this did exist before (and might still exist), I decided to create a new thread due to the changes that predatorwall has undergone lately. First of all, I'd like to highlight that the 3.0 tree of predatorwall is stable and fully functional and that development has moved to sourceforge.net.

What is predatorwall?
Stoolen from the home page at http://predatorwall.sourceforge.net.
Quote:
Predatorwall is a development effort by predatorfreak, founder of DCAF_Security and creator of dark-sources, to produce a powerfull, flexible and strong iptables firewall system. Note that by powerfull, I don't mean that it is full of bloated code which does nothing but add code, it keeps code used to a minimum to make things as readable and understand as possible. The flexiblity is that it is designed to work on every system you try it on off the bat without any hassle. This is kept this way by avoiding staticly referencing device names or such things which make it less flexible.

now that we have that covered, onto download links.

Download area on sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=137965

Besides full fledged complete releases you can also grab my latest development work from CVS, which includes development on 3.2/4.0 (3.2 is the what the development release will be called, which will be a half-way marker for 4.0).

CVSWeb: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/predatorwall

To grab the predatorwall 3.2/4.0 tree, follow the instructions below. No password is required for anonymous cvs.

Quote:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/predatorwall login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/predatorwall co -P predwall4

Edit: CVSWeb does not update in realtime, as I have just recently commited the first steps towards 3.2 they will not show up.

~predatorfreak
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

predatorwall 3.2 is offically considered complete, most changes from 3.0 are more "minor" changes, things which aren't huge updates but are still worth while. Below is a snipet of the changelog from 3.0-r1.

Quote:
3.2:
Add spoofing protection values to sysctl.conf
Add syncookies value to the sysctl.conf
Add numerus sanity checks (aka "root checks")
Updated the about file to reflect 3.2 release
Update the anti-timeout root check message
Cleanup the about file, mostly in the features area.

Until I package it up and get everything ready for the formal release, you can grab the release via cvs by following the instructions below. Sourceforge.net anonymous CVS requires no password.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/predatorwall login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/predatorwall checkout -r stable-3_2 predwall4
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: