hppa, uname, and perl
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbothigpen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: hppa, uname, and perl Reply with quote

hi there,

thanks to some help from gmsoft, i've managed to get my k200 parisc server up & running w/gentoo. i'm trying to run some updates, & having some trouble. in particular, i'd like to get portage updated, then move on to the rest of the system. i started with the stage 3 tarball from 3rd qtr '04 (stage3-hppa1.1-2004.3.tar.bz2). when "emerge --update portage" gets to libperl is where i run into trouble:

Run make depend now? [y]
sh ./makedepend MAKE=make
./config.sh: line 763: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
./config.sh: line 763: `myuname='linux srv3 2.6.11-pa2 #1 smp tue may 24 14:06:46 md
t 2005 parisc pa7200 (pcx-t') 9000800k200 gnulinux ''
./makedepend: line 53: -f: command not found
./makedepend: line 62: makefile: command not found
./makedepend: line 87: -d: command not found
mkdir: cannot create directory `UU': File exists...

and so on, with lots of "./makedepend: line something-or-other: -n: command not found" messages.

I'm suspecting (though I'm far from certain) that my problem is related to the tick mark in the output of "uname -a", at "(PCX-T')".

Linux srv3 2.6.11-pa2 #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:06:46 MDT 2005 parisc PA7200 (PCX-T') 9000/800/K200 GNU/Linux

Is there an environmental variable I can set to change (PCX-T') to (PCX-T), to see if this is indeed my problem? And if I were to do that, would I be digging myself into other inextricable holes? Or is this more likely some other problem, completely unrelated to my uname?

Thanks,
jimbo
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: