Mouse and Kvm
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grapes
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Mouse and Kvm Reply with quote

This isn't really a gentoo or even linux question, but i really don't know who else to ask. I hope someone here has had a similar situation. I have 2 computers, one windows and one gentoo. I connect the the mouse, keyboard, and monitor with a kvm.

I just got a logitech mx700. At first i plugged it into the usb port on my windows box and it worked fine, extra buttons and all. Next i decided that i wanted to use my new mouse on both computer and connected it to the kvm through a ps2 port. I set up the mouse to work on gentoo and it worked great. I even mapped the extra buttons to work on phoenix and other programs.

I went over to windows and windows does not reconze my extra buttons. It doesn't even see my mouse as a mx700. It sees it as a "logitech wheel mouse" with just the normal 3 buttons and the wheel. I then plugged the mouse directly into the ps2 port without the kvm and the pc now reconized the mouse as a mx700 with extra buttons. I tried the kvm once again and it was considered a wheel mouse.

I'd say it was the kvm, but why can i get the extra buttons to go through the kvm to gentoo. Logitech says they to not support their mice through kvm's. I just don't understand why it doesn't work.

Again, i know that this isn't a gentoo problem, but people that use just windows ususally don't have 2 computers and a kvm. I hope someone has had a similar problem and solved it. Please let me know.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: