Radeon 9500->9700 driver hack?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
styx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Radeon 9500->9700 driver hack? Reply with quote

I read about this neat hax0red ATi driver some time ago, that could convert some Radeon 9500 cards to Radeon 9700. Unfortunately, I've only seen Windows drivers with this "feature". Has anyone seen a Linux equivalent? Is it even open source? Should I go shopping for a new video card? ;)
cram
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard anything about a driver to do this, but there is a hardware hack that converts a 9500 to a 9700. Presumably this would work under any OS. I don't have a link to the thread but I read it somewhere at www.xtremesystems.org.
styx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.maxdownloads.com/~ian/wizzard/

:)
Drk korrupted
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed w1zzard (the guy who came up with the software hack in windows) about the feasibility of this driver hack in linux, hopefully i get a reply sometime soon. I have the card that this hack works for, and it works fine with no problems. I use drivers from www.omegacorner.com, but its pretty much the same idea. In the event that this isn't possible w/ linux drivers, the hardware mod is pretty much the only option. Make sure the software mod works in windows before you attempt the hardware mod to make it happen in linux. check www.hardocp.com forums and www.rage3d.com forums search for 9500 hardware mod you'll find tons of info. basically what you have to do is remove the cooler and do some resistor solder work. i havent tried it and personally am frightened of ruining my board, but i may attempt it if there is no chance of linux drivers. ill update once w1z emails me back.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: