Problem with Scandisk?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronscores
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Problem with Scandisk? Reply with quote

I have 5 drives in hdd
C D E F G
my hdd = 40gb
and g = some 6gigs
and when i use G: and when System is switched off without proper shutdown (either due to power failure or manual switch off) the next time my windows bots it rightfully starts SCANDISK but just hangs as it reachs bout 90% and scans my G:. I then tried surface scan of Drive G and it went happily upto 99% without any bad sectors but just hangs as it reaches the final cluster!! and even when i format the drive partition G i get same problem.. Even when i delete all data on hdd and format and install WIN98 newly when it checks scandisk befor win98 install also it gets stuck when scanning G: and after a long wait usually 15 - 20 minutes it says some problem and asks to repair then goes in and continues with Windows installation. Could it be that the MBR (master boot record) of the drive is bad in BIOS? and one more question -- My hdd is 40 gb and my HDD is set to MASTER in BIOS (i've set the pins on the HDD in that way) but the capacity of hdd in BIOS says some value lesser than 40gb .. SOmebody PLEASE advice!!!
Snackiz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I checked this was a linux forum, not a windows one..
as far as I recall scandisk is a DOS/windows specific program, I never tried running it in wine though. :roll:
dat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snackiz wrote:
Last time I checked this was a linux forum, not a windows one..
as far as I recall scandisk is a DOS/windows specific program, I never tried running it in wine though. :roll:

Welcome to OTW.. AKA not related to gentoo (and more often than not, not related to linux).

in a world without fences, who needs gates?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: