Postcript Printing Via Samba
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomerSimpson
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Postcript Printing Via Samba Reply with quote

I haven't been able to print to a Windows printershare from Linux so I reversed it and am now trying to print to a Linux printer share on Windows. I can print to the printer, Epson C80, from Linux (on USB port). On the Windows side I add a printer, telling it that is is on the network and choose Epson C80. When I print the cups error log gives me an error about the format being wrong. It says Hint: something about enabling the correct raw settings. I haven't found out how to set this up so it works.

I tried using an Epson printer driver that is postscript and voila it prints! Unfotunately not in color.

I searched on the web and found a generic PS driver from Adobe. When installing it it prints a test page in color. When I print from apps it is b/w. There is no setting in the driver that I can see for color.

Am I totally missing something about installing a printer on Windows so it prints on Linux?

Thanks
HomerSimpson
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: I sort of answered my own question Reply with quote

I installed the Adobe Postsrcipt Printer driver for Windows and used the PPD file generated by linux when I ran foomatic-configure. It all seems to work well now.

Is this the only way? The best way?

Thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: