kde 3.1-r1 is newer than 3.1?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonpf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: kde 3.1-r1 is newer than 3.1? Reply with quote

I just did an emerge world earlier today (about 13 hours ago - after an emerge rsync). I have accept_keywords set to ~x86 in make.conf and everything seemed to be fine. I had kde 3.1r6 on my system which ran fine. 12 hours later I go to check on it and xine-ui build crashed (didn't concern me too much, I don't expect ~x86 to be 100% working). I then re-rsynced to make sure there wasn't an update to xine-ui in that time and did an emerge -p world...here is the response:

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[ebuild U ] kde-base/kdelibs-3.1-r1 [3.1]
[ebuild U ] kde-base/kdebase-3.1-r1 [3.1]
[ebuild U ] media-video/xine-ui-0.9.18 [0.9.17]
[ebuild U ] sys-apps/pam-login-3.10 [3.7]
[ebuild U ] app-office/openoffice-1.0.2 [1.0.1-r3]

See the oddness of the response? Any ideas why 3.1 is older than 3.1-r1? I fixed the problem myself by deleting the ebuilds for 3.1-r1 on my system, but I just thought I'd point this out and see if anyone knows why? The xine-ui build is going now, if there are problems with it, I'll post it where approriate. Thanks.
Kumba
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna merge KDE-3.1, then 3.1-r1 is what you want to merge. the -r1 means "release 1". If a package doesn't have a -rX next to it, it's automatically assumed to be -r0, so you might wanna consider merging the -r1 ebuilds. They probably contain a minor fix. Best way to check is to "emerge kdebase -p --changelog".

--Kumba
jasonpf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh.... Oops, sorry, my mistake. I guess that I didn't figure there'd be a post release release that soon....I automatically thought RC1, not r1... The speed of open source software never ceases to amaze me. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: